Seats do not lock | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Seats do not lock

• Thread starter Thread starter Dottie L. Simar
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dottie L. Simar

UPDATE EMAIL ADDRESS
I just bought a new 2005 50th Anniversary T-Bird and was very surprised to find out that the seats do not lock like in all other cars. The seats can be moved forward and backward without having to press a lever to unlock. The dealership told me that the seats work just like the seat belts. When a jerk occurs, the seats will lock just like a seat belt would. Is that true?

Granitelady from Florida

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Dottie:
Not sure what that means. They just slide back and forth?????

If so, that is definitely a problem! I bet if you ask them to put that answer in writing, in case you get in an accident, they wouldn't do it. (Liability!)

I think you had better go to another dealer. BTW, Ford or Lincoln dealers will service these cars.

What I mean is when you want to get to the back seat of a car you need to puch the back of the seat forward in order to go in the back seat. I am not talking about the whole seat going forward and backwards, just the back of the seat. I hope this explains it better.

Okay, I believe all TBirds do that. Long time since I had a 2 door car so don't know about other makes. Thanks for clarifying it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back