Satellite Radio Install Query | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Satellite Radio Install Query

• Thread starter Thread starter jcp429
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good day. Having recently purchased a 2004 T Bird in pristine condition and
very low miles previous owner had not activated the satellite radio option. My question: would I be better off having one of the local Ford dealerships install the kit or is there an after market option that would be better. Your thoughts please. Thanks -John.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

John, I purchased a satellite receiver from Southern Electronics and installed it myself, fairly simple. I placed the receiver on the bottom of the passenger side of the dash and the antenna on top of the dash, works fine. Use the search function on this site to read earlier posts on this topic. Good luck. charles

New to Satellite Radios

I guess I'll sound really uneducated (dumb), but it would be far worse if I don't ask at all. I bought an '02 a year ago with about 9,500 miles on the car. No problems at all to date. Several weeks ago I saw a display at a Best Buy about satellite radios. One of my few complaints these days about driving the 'Bird is the endless commercials on the radio. So I am interested in a satellite radio, except that I do not want to chop on the car's interior that is, in my opinion, just about as good as it gets not do I want wiring lying around. On the other hand I don't want something just lying somewhere in the console, due to the obvious visual distraction but also because I can (easily) imagine someone breaking into the car just to get the radio itself. Is there a site I can visit that perhaps has radios designed to some extent for the 'Bird or did they ever come stock with a satellite compatible radio?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back