road noise

Status
Not open for further replies.
i've had my white bird for about 6 weeks and am very pleased with it other than there seems to be a lot of rosd noise from the rear axle. i've had other convertibles, and never noticed this. i wonder if this is a normal characteristic, or i should have the dealer check it out. the noise isn't a gear noise like the rear end isn't set up properly, just road noise. (even with a set of golf clubs and my car cover in the trunk!)
what does everybody else think.
this has to be the best and coolest car detroit has turned out since the pantera.
thanks.

------------------

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

jncyall:
I don't have that problem but in the past there were many posts that said the air pressure in the tires was not what it should have been at delivery. Since it is relatively new to you, you may want to check the pressures in all four and see if that helps.
Good Luck

There is road noise. Has anyone compared before and after having the Tbird undercoated? Does it make a big difference?

HKS

Originally posted by George:
jncyall:
I don't have that problem but in the past there were many posts that said the air pressure in the tires was not what it should have been at delivery. Since it is relatively new to you, you may want to check the pressures in all four and see if that helps.
Good Luck

Originally posted by HKS:
There is road noise. Has anyone compared before and after having the Tbird undercoated? Does it make a big difference?

HKS
HKS One word about undercoating DON'T

------------------
Jim Williams
red/red/std blk premium #2 of 2 VIN 1FAHP60A62Y111592
Mass. tag JWBIRD

This is very subjective, but I do not think that I have much if any road noise, even with the top down.

------------------
VIN 106587 White, White, with chrome hood scoop bezel

Jim,
I really do not want to undercoat. Do you just not drive the car in the wintertime when there is salt on the road?

What about corosion protection. The holes are there for the corosion spray. Why does Ford not mention anything about corrosion protection? Is the zinc plating on the inside good enough so that additional protection is not required? Any information about his is appreciated.

Thanks

HKS

Originally posted by jawill2000:

Car bodies now are completely submerged in a tank of electrocoat paint and an electrical charge is applied to make the pigment adhere to every bit of metal, inside and out, very good corrosion protection. Also, on the T-bird, the only exterior metal is the doors and the rear fenders.

------------------
Ron

VIN #7729, seq.#7505, blue premium,
partial blue interior, no top, Louisville Ky.

HKS: My last 4 Ford products (a 79 merc and 88,92,98 lincoln continentals) have all been driven on New England winter roads. None have ever been undercoated and I've never seena sign of rust on one of them. However the Bird is special and will never see a winter road. Hope this helps with your decision. Jim W. P.S. The holes are for drainage not for applying undercoating, keep them clear.
Originally posted by HKS:
Jim,
I really do not want to undercoat. Do you just not drive the car in the wintertime when there is salt on the road?

What about corosion protection. The holes are there for the corosion spray. Why does Ford not mention anything about corrosion protection? Is the zinc plating on the inside good enough so that additional protection is not required? Any information about his is appreciated.

Thanks

HKS

------------------
Jim Williams
red/red/std blk premium #2 of 2 VIN 1FAHP60A62Y111592
Mass. tag JWBIRD

-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back