Red or Yellow??? HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife and I can't decide whether to order a Red or Yellow Bird. I have an order in with a dealer for a Red 03 Bird, but he can order an 02 Bird, and color.

HELP

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Advantages of Yellow:

1) one year color
2) heavy recognition because of concept car

Advantages of Red:

1) extremely eye catching
2) sportier looking (traditional sports car color); not just trendy
3) lower maintenance on two tone interior
4) it was your initial choice
5) it's just prettier

Winner - Torch Red, all the way

Paul (biased and proud of it)

------------------
#3739 Premium
Torch Red w/matching top
Standard Interior

I have been told that the yellow will only be available in 02, which should make it really special. But Red is a classic color.

Still don't know ;(

Thanks 2K2BIRD. I think that we'll go with the Red. Would you get the complete interior package for the basic Red interior package?

We will go ahead and order the 02 even thought our tag is "03 BIRD"

Like 2K2Bird, I'm biased, having order a triple-red. I've seen both the 1/2 red and the full-red interior. They were both beautiful, but I feel that the full-red was the right way to go. Before I saw it, I was worried that it might be a bit too busy around the dash area, but it's not at all.

Thanks niteflight,
I was worried about it being to busy also. The pictures make it hard to judge. Not only haven't I seen a red Bird, I haven't seen any Birds until today.
How's Seattle?

Haven't seen a single one on the road yet, but saw the 1/2 red at my dealer's (it had come available because of someone's impending divorce), and the full-red at an exotic car dealer, who had gotten ahold of 2, and put his mark-up on. It was sitting there between a Ferrari and a Jaguar, and holding its own quite nicely.

p.s. Should add that the red looks deeper, richer, and less plasticky in person than it does in any photos I've seen.

-

We have a yellow and like it very much.

But, if I were you I would order a red. Let there be lots and lots of reds over the next 6 years.
smile.gif

I have seen, in person, every color except Thunderbird Blue. While I like them all, my preferences are red, white, yellow, blue and finally black. I saw the red on the road two days ago. In my opinion, it is THE COLOR for the new Bird. It is a true, deep red, rather than the orange-red that one sees so much of these days. It looks great!
smile.gif

I'm with 2K2bird all the way (except skip the red interior options, in my opinion (just opinion) they're gaudy.
Originally posted by 2K2BIRD:
Advantages of Yellow:

1) one year color
2) heavy recognition because of concept car

Advantages of Red:

1) extremely eye catching
2) sportier looking (traditional sports car color); not just trendy
3) lower maintenance on two tone interior
4) it was your initial choice
5) it's just prettier

Winner - Torch Red, all the way

Paul (biased and proud of it)

------------------
Jim Williams
'98 Lincoln Continental waiting forred/red/std blk premium (#2 of 2 VIN 1FEHP60E62Y111592)
Mass. tag JWBIRD Christmas gift from #3 daughter

i think the answer is clear -- get the BLUE one!!! kidding.

certainly you and your wife will have to flip a coin, but one thing is certain - you'll be happy with ANY of the choices.

my personal preference of colors goes: blue, yellow, red, black, then white.

full interiors on all, white hard tops on all. (maybe would stay with the red on red.)

i saw a black with full red interior and it looked GREAT.

note: when i did the "mystery drive" the folks on the tour said that the BLUE car was by far the easiest to keep looking clean.

I would stay with the Red---but I already have one!!! Check the pictures on the newtbirddata web site. Pictures of all colors. My red with white top is in the new rides, Bill G.

------------------
Bill's Red and White #4359

RED,
cool.gif
You will be VERY Happy with it as I am. RED/RED-Prem/Full Accent. check it out on the Maryland T-Bird site at http://groups.*********/group/md_tbird along with the other BIRDS of Maryland.

My red car has the standard interior and I like it very much. I didn't order the car (the original customer had to back out of the deal). I probably would have ordered the two tone interior, but now I like the idea that mine is different from most. I'm not sure how those painted steering wheels will hold up over the long run, either. I have contemplated ordering the red gear shift knob, just to add a small splash of color and to personalize it some. That and the red floor mats would be sharp in my opinion.

Paul

------------------
#3739 Premium
Torch Red w/matching top
Standard Interior

My wife & I have the yellow premium with full accent and love it. We also like the red but decided on yellow because of one year color. Stands a better chance of being worth more down the road because of the limited #'s. With Jodrod's plots if the trend continues there will probably be only 3,000 yellow and maybe only 1,000 to 1,500 with full accent.

------------------
Yellow/Yellow Prem. 02 Bird w/full accent
1999 F150 Super Cab 4x4 Off Road
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

Like Lon, we have a yellow/yellow. We felt since yellow is a 02 color only and since, per Jodrod's numbers, there are fewer of them with full accent long term value might be greater.

Really that few with full accent? I had not caught that.

I love my (our
smile.gif
) full accent on the yellow. So bright and cheary. AND the different yellows match up so well. Painted metal / Plastic / Painted wood. That part really impresses me.

You just made my day!

Really that few with full accent? I had not caught that.

I love my (our
smile.gif
) full accent on the yellow. So bright and cheary. AND the different yellows match up so well. Painted metal / Plastic / Painted wood. That part really impresses me.

You just made my day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back