Rear Inner Wheel Plastic Housings | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Rear Inner Wheel Plastic Housings

• Thread starter Thread starter Ticket Ted
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T
Took my 03 in for it's second oil change. Was suprised that the dealer had the oil filter. He tried to sell me an 04 for $35,000 but it just didn't catch my eye. Red with Sand interior.

While the car was on the lift I was looking underneath. The left rear plastic inner wheel housing did not fit correctly. It should be tucked under the metal fender lip to prevent debris from going behind the plastic housing and the actual metal of the car body. The right housing didn't look much better but at least it came up to the edge of the metal fender lip. Also, the housings seem not to be secured very well and you can move them about easily. Seems that Ford had a poor idea on securing this inner panel. It could actually be the problem of added rattle noise. The dealer is going to order a new left rear inner housing just in case I got a bad one off the line.

Does anyone have this problem? If you look at the edge of the rear wheel opening in front of the tire, you can't miss the poor fit! You can put your fingers behind the panel at this point.

Ticket Ted

03 Whisper White/Red-Black Premium

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

......I have an early '02 .....and there is space between the liner and the fender lip at the top of the wheel arch....both sides. I'm living with it because I don't have the confidence to deal with a dealer repair. I have 'til next November to change my mind....that when the warranty runs out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back