Status
Not open for further replies.
tbird

tbird

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
How many of you have a radar detector? Has anyone researched which ones are better? I know in some states you are not allowed to have them.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Tbird, we used mine on our trip to Florida, But, on I-95 I don't know if they are of much use anymore. Use to be, a few years back I would drive 70 to 80 mph going down that road when the speed limit was 55. Now everyone drives 75 to 85 and no one gets stopped unless they are weaving in and out of traffic. I have an old Passport. About 15 years old and it doesn't pick up some of the new radar so really it doesn't do much.
I think in Va. if you get stopped and have a detector in your car they take it on the spot so I turn mine off for that state.

mad.gif
Raida, remind me never to go there with mine. It is old but cost around $300.00 US. That's as bad as Virginia here in the US.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond

Originally posted by Gobird:
I have an old Passport. About 15 years old and it doesn't pick up some of the new radar so really it doesn't do much.

I found a Cobra Trapshooter at a garage sale yesterday and paid 1.00 for it. hehe. I tested it out on one of those radar signs that tells you how fast you are going. When I had my Mustang, I loved those radar signs, I would stop it to see how fast the numbers would go up. Trapshooter does not do laser, but I've only seen laser in Nashville. I think they are still using 10 year old radar here in Knoxville.

Iowa uses laser-and they do it from a helo in Cedar Rapids-you'll hear the thing start chirping at you, no cops anywhere-then you look up-but it's too late!!

------------------

Originally posted by Birdman93:
Iowa uses laser-and they do it from a helo in Cedar Rapids-you'll hear the thing start chirping at you, no cops anywhere-then you look up-but it's too late!!

Tennessee can barely keep the school buses and schools open, let alone buy helicopters. LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back