Production

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joe,

If the above post is correct, please tell me why my dealer who is only allocated 8 cars has two cars scheduled to be built W/E 12/31 with expected ETA 1/21? I'm #4 and one of the two scheduled for 12/31. I'm hoping they don't plan to hold mine at the plant due to the allocation system...

VIN: 8391

Happy Holidays everyone!

KB

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

" I'm hoping they don't plan to hold mine at the plant due to the allocation system..."

The scheduling system has a lot of variables including availability of commodities, priority codes, color blocking to balance the lines, etc. For example. vehicles without the hard top option may be pulled ahead to meet the 90% control on tops.

They would not hold a vehicle after production to achieve an allocation expectation. All of the allocation is taken into consideration, as best as possible, before production (however build dates are subject to change for any reason at any time.)

Don't get cranked if a schedule date is missed. It's only a planning tool, not a promise.

I got an email from my dealer stating
My vehicle status report this morning indicates that your car [#7420] was produced on the 13th. I won't get another update until Tuesday morning, and I'll check then to see if there is a shipping status.
This is a couple days later than the previous estimate and could reflect a temporary factory hold. In any case, my hopes for delivery by the end of the year have dimmed.

TR Cruiser,
-
Don't give up yet. Mine went from Produced on 11/30 to released on 12/5 and shipped on 12/6. Arrived truck haulaway outside Dallas on 12/10. I was driving it on 12/12.
-

------------------
Bob - 106496

Jodrod; Thenewtbird;
-
Thanks Joe and Dot;
-
This is a great Christmas present. I can only guess what the original owners of new Thunderbirds felt like back in 55-57.
-
Regardless what the critics say;
-
This is by far the coolest car on the street!
-

------------------
Bob - 106496

Since the federal luxury tax drops 1% for deliveries after January 1st [not sure if CA luxury tax follows suit] maybe I should be hoping for a later date. Nah - that's just pocket change. I want my T-bird ASAP!
smile.gif

tr cruiser,

Lux tax may be going down, but CA sales tax is going back up 1/4% as of January 1st, so I guess it isn't that much of an issue.

------------------
Dennis Grant
1960 HT 208K
1992 Sport 225K

Just to put this back on topic, Automotive News reports total Thunderbird production (to 12/15) as 7374. They're going to have to hurry to finish the 7000's before the holiday shutdown.

Been reading for several months...time to join in. Great forum.

Ordered October 9, 2001 with local dealer at MSRP. Done business with him before. He promises "loyal customers" MSRP. Latest info is February, maybe January. He has schedule now for #16 and I am #19.

He has offered me two cars (red and black)since October due to cancellations but I'm waiting for my white/white/black premium.

I missed my '57 Tbird and my '84 vet is getting tired.

Looking for shipments out of Wixom moving via BNSF found:

1FAHP60A62Y107736 on 12/19
1FAHP60A02Y107554 on 12/18
1FAHP60A92Y106807
1FAHP60A42Y104866
1FAHP60A12Y106803 on 12/17
1FAHP60AX2Y106802
1FAHP60A62Y106800
1FAHP60A32Y106799

All billed to Illinois mixing center.

Hope someone recognizes their VIN.

------------------
Bob - 106496

It's good to know that there are some dealers that are out there that do care about their customers by giving you the option without asking for more if you wanted it sooner.

Jim:

I reviewed a white/white/black one on the floor at Poway Ford. My wife really liked it (so did I).

But they were asking +$10K! That was a month ago.

------------------
Chuck

My dealer left a message that my car was scheduled to be built around the second week of January. I am 7 of 52. Finally, I was going nuts not getting any information. When I talk to them a few days ago they said that they only had gotten 2 cars so far. I am going out of town for a week so I will post the vin number then. Have a Merry Xmas eveybody. Ho Ho Ho

It looks like all of the 7000s and about two hundred of the 8000s will be built before the holiday break. Production resumes on Jan. 2nd.

Eric - 7641 seems to be a bogus VIN? Late January builds will be in the 9000s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back