Pink 2002 Thunderbird??? | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Pink 2002 Thunderbird???

• Thread starter Thread starter Norman
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Check out ebay auction #2401823883.
Seller shows picture and claims to have one of two 2002 Thunderbirds that are pink.
Hand dyed interior? I have never heard of such a car and I think I've read everything there's been to read about these cars.
Can anyone comment? Is there documentation?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

After I looked at this vehicle on site listed it looked like a Mary Kay colored vehicle.
Could it Be?
It sure would be interesting to find out from Ford who, when and how many?
Like I said in another post here, Ford would build any color you wanted years ago. Maybe for enough $$$ same still happens.

This car was undoubtedly one of those customized by southern CA dealer Galpin Ford, and NOT a factory job as indicated. Galpin has customized a few cars in different colors with matching interiors. They called them "Galpinized" if I am not mistaken. Last known asking price was about $59,000 for them, so don't know where owner came up with $80,000 figure. Since Ford won't even allow certain interior/top combinations on current cars with their standard colors, it's not likely they would go to the expense & trouble of this kind of full-blown off-the-wall customization.

Originally posted by brdman2:
This car was undoubtedly one of those customized by southern CA dealer Galpin Ford, and NOT a factory job as indicated.

I think you are correct, after I emailed the ebayer selling the car, we had a salesman from Galpin join the forum and email me on an unrelated issue.

It also appears like there is a dealership tag in the plate area.

-

somewhere I saw a calendar with this pink bird on it, I belive it had a few other colors, I think you were right it was a speical paint by a dealer....

mike02redbird

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back