2003 Unibody to full-frame reconfiguration.

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
N

NiftyNiblick

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Several aftermarket chassis builders have been able to reconfigure early Ford Mustangs for mounting onto a full-frame chassis .

Such a build, is, of course, a six-figure restomod project, but it's totally do-able.

Due to the absolutely horrific-to-use folding top on first generation Thunderbirds, we are inclined to take on a last generation Thunderbird project.

Two issues must be resolved, however,

First, is it possible to put the 2002-05 Thunderbird on a custom-built full frame, thus building it from bare frame up in classic hot rod protocol,
and second,

will an 8.2" deck height Windsor engine fit in the engine bay of the little S-Type Jaguar / Lincoln LS original engine?

Vehicles 20 years old and older don't have to pass emissions testing in our state, so it would be possible to go with an M-6007-Z2 363 crate engine
on a sturdier full-frame. If there's a weight / balance issue, an aftermarket aluminum block from Dart Machinery could be used.

Last edited:
Moderator / administrator:

I'm not sure why my post does not meet forum guidelines, but I do not wish to violate your rules.
Please delete my account.
Thank you.

Hi if it’s never been done before it requires some extensive research and measuring by someone competent in the subject.either way big bux.

Back