ONe that flew away | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

ONe that flew away

• Thread starter Thread starter Jeffn
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I let the bird on ebay go-cae close but i haven't even driven one myet. A new white 03 went for 29100.

Anyone know if the dlr cash is over 4000. now? Cost on this one had to be 31500. even with holdback and dlr cash.

Anyone feel like they are cramped inside their bird?

And I can't believe people are dissing the Mark X. Coolest thing form lincoln in 10 yrs...

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

OK, for a while, I thought IMHO was someone's nickname, and LOL meant little old lady, so I am having a little trouble with your post. So help this LOL out.
I can tell you however, I don't feel cramped at all, if I were a foot taller, then maybe I would.
😱

I'm 5'7", and feel like I have plenty of room in my bird. In fact, I feel like the bird is a much bigger car than my mustang, even though they are very close in dimensions.

I saw the Mark X at the Chicago auto show, and while I love the retractable top, the car doesn't have much else going for it, IMHO (that's for Donna!). The doors look like they were taken off another car and added to the Mark, the interior is much too light colored to be practical, and there's an awful hood ornament spoiling the whole look. From what I could see of the design of the interior, I didn't care for the looks of it. I think it has hope if they make a few changes to it, but for my money, I would rather have my T-bird. Even the two seater Caddy didn't push my buttons at all, and it's price is twice what my bird cost.

I'm 6'1" and am not cramped in the least. Head room isn't even a problem.

Jeff,

I'm 6'2" and about 240 and yes I'm somewhat cramped, but only with the hardtop on. The hartop actually has just a little more headroom. During the suumer I rarely have the top up, so for the winter I think of myself as a turtle waiting to come out of the shell. Keep in mind that I drive over 2 hours a day in the car in heavy traffic, so I'd probably feel cramped in just about anything

Loochie...the reason that Caddy(XLR) costs nearly twice what your T-Bird does is this.......underneath,it's all Corvette C6...that's the NEW 400 Horsepower generation Corvette.Caddillac is taking bold new steps to capture the younger and more performance oriented crowd.

As to the Lincoln Mark X....one of my latest Motor Trend copies says the following(maybe not word for word though).If Lincoln chooses not to build it.....it will very likely be refreshed and slight modifications done and then introduced as the next gen for the T-Bird.

InfernoRed

Yes - tight

5'9 and feel very enclosed in the car. Might have an inch above
my head. Some don't but I have a very hard time seeing out of
the car. Just get use to bumping your head getting in.

Have tried moving the seat but it does not have enough
adjustment to go where I need it. If was taller or heavy set
would have a big problem.

Its definitely a car one needs to drive before buying.

The corvette has much more headroom, still a head bumper
getting in but I don't feel as confined as the bird. It may
that there is alot more glass area to see out of.

IMO -- Would like to see the T-Bird moved to lincoln. Make
it a more high model, Lincoln service, warranty. The name
Thunderbird apparently isn't what it use to be with the
countless variations the car has seen over the years.

The Mark still says upscale luxury.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by InfernoRed
Loochie...the reason that Caddy(XLR) costs nearly twice what your T-Bird does is this.......underneath,it's all Corvette C6...that's the NEW 400 Horsepower generation Corvette.Caddillac is taking bold new steps to capture the younger and more performance oriented crowd.

As to the Lincoln Mark X....one of my latest Motor Trend copies says the following(maybe not word for word though).If Lincoln chooses not to build it.....it will very likely be refreshed and slight modifications done and then introduced as the next gen for the T-Bird.

InfernoRed

I really don't care that much about horsepower....it's not like you can really use it unless you live in a more rural area. The 280 horsepower I have now is more than enough for me. I was really talking about the styling of it more than anything. I like a car that catches your eye and makes everyone comment about how awesome it looks. The Caddy looks sharp, but it doesn't make me drool. I just don't like the interior design very much. If I wanted a car with 400 horses, built on the C6, I think I would just buy the C6 - not a caddy. I guess it's just the image I get in my head when I see a Caddillac about the "typical" caddy drivers.

I would love to see the Lincoln car modified a little, and put into production as a Thunderbird. If it looked similar to our cars now, and had the retractable roof, I'd be first in line to buy one. I had heard, however, there are no plans to produce it as a Lincoln at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back