Oil slick on top edge of both windows | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Oil slick on top edge of both windows

• Thread starter Thread starter Dottie L. Simar
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dottie L. Simar

UPDATE EMAIL ADDRESS
My new 2005 T-Bird appears to have an oil slick on the top of each window and goes down approximately six to eight inches down the windows and aproximately two inches wide. I can clean it off with Windex, but two to three days later it's back. What is that apparent oil slick?

Granitelady

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Dottie: Possibly someone had treated the rubber gaskets and used too much. Try wiping the channel where the window resides when it's up and see if that helps. Haven't heard of this form anyone else.

By the way, your signature says Granite lady - Does that mean you're from NH, the Granite State??? 😕

That's right. You are the first one that ever made the association. I was born and raised in New Hampshire and presently reside in Florida. Thanks for the response. I will try to wipe up any excess grease if that's what it is.

Granitelady

That's right. You are the first one that ever made the association. I was born and raised in New Hampshire and presently reside in Florida. Thanks for the response. I will try to wipe up any excess grease if that's what it is.

Granitelady

Granitelady, I had the same problem with my 2005. What I did was take some body prep (a cleaner thats cleans before painting) on a small rag and clean the rubber stripping with that. I haven't had any more problems with the filmy stuff since I did that. Hope it works for you. Take care. Charlie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back