New T-bird concept

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Godsil Design

UPDATE EMAIL ADDRESS
I am new to this site and I would like to say hi. I have been designing car concepts for a few years now. I have come up with this concept. I would like to sell it through Ford dealerships and it would not void your factory warranty. I call it the Screaming Eagle Thunderbird. It would be equipt with 17" Torque Thrust wheels, Dunlop tires, suspension upgrades and a slight lowering, lower body enhancements, engine air box and K&N filter, 3-chambered flowmaster exhaust, Screaming Eagle decals, and a numbered plaque. All this for about $6,000. I would like to hear what some of your comments are. Thanks.
standard.jpg

------------------
Jason Godsil
Godsil Design
GodsilDesign@attbi.com

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Godsil, well you ask so here goes. I just plain don't like it. It doesn't look too bad till you get to the front air dam, just looks out of place on this car. Doesn't blend in too well with the lines of the car.

This is just my opinion and I'm sure you will get a lot more so good luck. Sort of makes the front of the car look like a bulldozer.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
Live Long and Prosper!

-

-

I don't care for it. It reminds me of the people who take an elegant luxury sedan, like the Mercedes S500, and on put ground effects, 20" very low profile tires, and gaudy chrome wheels.

It just does not fit aesthetically.

Just my humble opinion.

------------------
blue/blue/full blue prem
Vin 16050;Rotation 5856
Delivered 4/29

Ford spends millions of dollars designing a beautiful car and all it takes is $6,000 to screw it up!!! Two Thumbs down!!!

I think that rocks! Great job. I wish I could listen to it too.

I know one or two dealers who might be interested too. What is my cut?

Sorry, but I like our bird just the way it is. I still can not understand why some one would spend $40,000 for a car and then see how fast they can screw it up. If I did not like the bird, as Ford made it, I would buy something else.

------------------
02 Black T-Bird
1955 Sunliner Convertible
1955 Crown Victoria Glass Top
1931 Model "A" Panel Delivery Truck
1931 Model "A" Station Wagon
1971 Chevrolet S/B Pick up

I don't like it either. It looks tacked on and certainly spoils the clean lines of the design. Some may like it, butI suspect they will be the same people that like the headlight shades, the fender skirts, and the hard boot.
frown.gif

The engine air box and K&N filter are ok, but no to any body changes or lowering the car. Lowered cars do not ride well on the street. Your kit seems to be aimed at the teenage crowd. I'm not sure how many parents are buying T-birds for their children.

Try something practical, like contoured, body colored mud guards that do not stand out or take away from the car and do not damage the paint, require drilling, etc. Price them at $250 for all four and that will sell.

Thanks,

Paul H.

I thank all you guys for commenting on my design. The only reason why I considered doing a Ford design is because I felt that this car really needs some help. I don't mean to offend anyone but I really think that this is a hideous car. I think by lowering it and adding some wheels really helped it to be something that looked good. Thanks again for your comments.

------------------
Jason Godsil
Godsil Design
GodsilDesign@attbi.com

Godsil, you have just proved our point. Your taste in design is out of touch with classic design. The Thunderbird has gotten rave reviews from all corners of the design and auto world. I guess we hurt your feelings and that is why you said what you did about how the Thunderbird looks. Maybe you should go back to the slammed Hondas. As a matter of fact I was wondering why you didn't mention strobe lights, I am sure you changed the parking lights to strobes

------------------
2002 Black/Black/Full Red
1957 Starmist Blue

Jason,

This is a lot better design than the previous one posted here on the forum but as you can see, we have many purist here.

My #1 concern with your design is the very low front dam, I would probably have a hard time clearing my driveway entrance without scraping it.

All in all I don't think it is bad, it is just not for me, I do like the wheels, however, the Screaming Eagle decals are not needed, without seeing them it makes me think of a late 70's Firebird.

BTW, is this your car or did you work a little magic with a photo editor?

-

Jason, Looks like you designed on your computer not your car (I hope). Can you show the design in Red with the decals. Noticed you didn't have the hood scoop in chrome? Can you also show with a roll bar in black like a SL500, also can't find your website? Are those wheels really available for our cars, I do like them. Any thoughts on a small spoiler and have you done a full design on the rear yet? Don't be discouraged keep designing and tossing ideas to us, but a little goes a long way when dealing with a classic design. Just for fun can you show the car in a color scheme Austin Powers would order? Can you do this with a BMW, Like to share it with someone?

I think it looks pretty cool. I wouldn't want it on my car, though. Like RTBRD, I would have concerns about scraping. I do like some of 02birdman's suggestions and would be interested in seeing what else you could come up with. Although my car looks perfect like it is, I do like the idea of tweaking it just a little to make it stand out from the others. Right now I'm accomplishing that with the chrome hood scoop bezel.

Originally posted by Godsil Design:
I don't mean to offend anyone but I really think that this is a hideous car
I agree. Your additions truly make a gorgeous car look hideous.

Jason,
Although not to my taste,I would like to compliment you on an extremely nice job with converting the Bird into what you would like to see. You captured what I will call a younger person's concept,but being the old f... that I am ,I will stick with the original '02 design.

Maybe my next car,
Bob

Thank you Godsil Design. I know now that I'm not as old as I look. At least I'm not going through my second childhood yet. I'll just wait for my plain old Thunderbird.

I can picture myself driving this car to pace an F1 or IRL race but would not dream of driving it on the street. Will stick with my beautiful stock 02 yellow bird.

------------------
Yellow/Yellow Prem. 02 Bird w/full accent
1999 F150 Super Cab 4x4 Off Road
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back