New Finds

Status
Not open for further replies.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I saw that kit too. Look at it very close. Don't you think it is the same exact mold as the Redbox cars that are already built? Both are 1:24th scale vs. Maisto's which is 1:25th. I think that if you take it out of the plastic container it comes in you will find it is the Redbox car? Testors seems to buy the opportunity to put out kits from other companies. I know they have put out kits of other cars made by Racing Champions and Anson as well under their name. Interesting also is that you pay about twice as much for the opportunity to build as you would to buy the Redbox model from KayBee Toys.

I'm sure hoping the Franklin Mint or the Danbury Mint get a chance to make one of our cars. Of course if it was red then it would be that much better!

------------------
#3739 Premium
Torch Red w/matching top
Standard Interior

Thought that's what it looked like but didn't really look close. You're right - the doors are cut the same as the Redbox which are different than the Maisto doors.
Testor's first yellow kits were from the Maisto models but these definitely are the Redbox molds. In fact the y marketed the yellow kits as by Testor/Maisto.

Motor City USA has already made a really nice 1/43 scale model of the Concept but they have discontinued operation. I'm sure we'll eventually see them from Franklin Mint & Danbury.

We've got plenty of years ahead of us to see more models made of these cars. Keeping track will be that much harder now that they're a production car.

Testor put out a black kit last year but I never had one in hand so don't know if it's the Maisto or the Redbox model.

I was at the Franklin Mint store at the mall over Xmas and stopped in and asked about the Bird. The manager said he did not think they had anyting in the works at that time or if they did it would be about a year before he saw it.

The black Testors kit was the Maisto mold, same as the already built black concept car with the full red interior (a beautiful combination they should have put into production). There is another version of this car available as a Maisto kit with two sets of 24 spoke wheels (chrome & painted).

Don't know if you have seen one or not, but I have a red (approximately 1:25 scale)plastic T-bird concept car that is very toy like but fun. It is made by Toymax Inc and has the top on it with the windows done in black plastic. The grill, wheels and windshield frame are painted silver. If you press the front passenger side wheel down once it beeps like it is setting the car alarm; twice and the alarm goes off with a little red light on the "dash" flashing and the red tail lights and the clear headlights flashing. If you press the rear wheels down once the engine "starts" and the front and rear lights come on; press twice and the engine revs a couple of times; press three times and makes sound of it burning rubber (maybe the only bird that can), runs for a while then squeals the tires as it "stops".

I bought it last year on clearance at Walmart after Christmas for $4.00. I wanted a black car then so I wasn't crazy about it. That has changed quite a bit now.

Paul

------------------
#3739 Premium
Torch Red w/matching top
Standard Interior

-

Yeah, I'm a big toy guy. I've been collecting diecast for years. I have over 1000 models of various scales from 1:144th to 1:12th of which over 20 are new T-birds. I need Maisto to make the 7 spoke premium wheels so I can end up with a model that 100% matches my car!

The biggest part of my collection are Mark Martin NASCAR cars (hundreds of them).

Paul

------------------
#3739 Premium
Torch Red w/matching top
Standard Interior

I saw yesterday that Matchbox makes a "Then and Now" series with an early car and a later model. I saw two Corvette versions. Does anyone know if they are making any Thunderbird versions?

------------------
VIN 106587 White, White

2K2Bird had fun with a couple of his diecast sets.
He took the Matchbox Collection Elvis/Graceland series with the 57 tbird and replaced the 'bird with a new 'bird.
A picture of the result is on the newtbirddata site in the "Vintage vs New" folder.

-

Just got word today that asheville.com shipped out my order for a 1/18 scale WHITE thunderbird. Will let you know when it arrives - probably this time next week.

hey guys i tried that ashevillediecast.com link but i couldnt get it to work, how much are they charging for the white bird, ive got 1:18 1:24 1:25th scale of everything except white
frown.gif
grrrrr and can you please supply me a contact number or email addy so i can order one. thanks

also anyone know how limited the limited edition Nieman Marcus 1:18th model is.

------------------
1996 Thunderbird LX 4.6l
1966 Thunderbird "Q" code conv.

I ordered my WHite one from them before Christmas and it was just shipped yesterday. I should get it today and I'll let you know how it looks. I had also ordered a Blue/Blue but they are apparently out of stock. They indicate they'll send it when they get more.

I bought this model in red from Exoticar for a total of $38.74 (incl shipping). Did I get ripped off or what?
Originally posted by Hansenisu:
Try this link. The car is $18.50, plus tax and shipping gets it to $25 and change. Im'n not sure what scale it is, but I would guess 1/18 scale since its the same basic model number of the other Maisto cars that I think are 1/18th scale. Got my shipping notification yesterday too.
http://ashevillediecast.com/dir/search.html?searchstring=2002+thunderbird

------------------
Jim Williams
'98 Lincoln Continental & waiting for red/red/blk premium Bird (#2 of 2 also VIN-less)
Mass. tag JWBIRD Christmas gift from #3 daughter

jawill - think you know the answer to that question. Exoticar is like the over MSRP dealers but if you don't know where else to get what you want, you buy. Compare exoticar's prices to the Ford Collection catalog - they list there at $29 plus shipping (and only carry the blue ones). If you're a store shopper then KayBee Toy mall stores are the place to get them - usually anywhere from $10 to $16 for the same model, depending on time of year. According to birdman93, KayBee will be carrying the white ones soon.

-

jawill2000,hate to tell you but I think you got ripped off. I have 3 Maisto 1:18 scale. The frist I got was about a year ago from the Ford Collection. It was the yellow show car and cost around $25.00. The second was the blue Bird think I ordered it on the web somewhere, not sure where, but it was $18.00. The third was the red bird my wife picked up at BJ's. Only cost $8 or $9.00. These are all the same car just different colors. Seems the price is comming DOWN. All I need is the black and the white. Will be keeping an eye on BJ's

------------------
Blue on Blue Prem. Ordered in Jan. 7of12 NOW 4of12
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond
Got Vin. 109293 Build Date 01/18 Delivery Date SOON!!

-

A friend just got me a Maisto 1:25 blue from a local toy store. Since it was a gift, I couldn't ask the price, but I gathered it was <$10. So check the retail outlets before you order something. [I didn't have the heart to tell them that this is probably the same model I'll receive as part of the T-bird Collection mailings. :]

the model in the Thunderbird Collection is a 1/43rd scale model & those, in our colors, aren't on any retail shelves yet though you can find some in the Concept colors at less than $6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back