Mileage

Status
Not open for further replies.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I've got a little over 1,500 miles on my blue '02... its been covered up for four months hiding from Chicago winter.

Sheesh! We've only had ours for 2 weeks as of today and it already has 750 miles. Of course I AM in Texas. I'd be worried about Chicago winters, too, if I were up there (I grew up in Wisconsin - I know what it's like). I feel obligated to get the first 1000 mile break-in period out of the way as soon as possible, so when we are ready for our first road trip we don't have to worry about varying the speed all the time. After the break-in miles, I might slack off a bit.

Then again, I might not - this thing is too much fun to drive.

:D Harry drive that car! A little over 17,000 on my 02 blue Bird and have I have loved every mile of it! Get out there and enjoy it! And thank you kind sir for the vin information.

Julie

Well Julie, I too love every mile of driving it but I sorta feel that I’m just the custodian for the car until the grand-daughter reaches driving age... 14 more years... <grin>

Great idea Harry. My first grandchild, a little girl (we think) is
due in April. I will save my Bird for her. For the next 16 years
I will keep the car in perfect running condition for her! I am
grinning too!

:D Julie

I have 2485.5 miles on my 2003, purchased last July. I only drive about 6 miles round trip to work. So, even as a daily driver, the mileage will remain low.
I took our Explored to work only one time, when heavy snow was in the forecast. The Vette and T-Bird are already promised to my sons ages 24 & 26, both single.

We are getting a little off the subject Bimota Guy, but...my son
also has a black O1 ZO6. Fun little car to drive....but be careful!
The only things those cars want to do is go fast. The cops just
love them!

When I purchased my T-Bird in April 2002 I decided that 500 miles per month would be a maximum. That thought lasted about 1 day. This beauty was meant to drive, not languish around in a garage! Now have over 22000 miles, but since I keep after her with Zaino products, she looks as good as the day she left the plant.

Jim

rofl. That is exactly how I felt. She was only going to be driven on special occasions and I was figuring no more than 2000 a year. Ha. That changed before I got home (it was 1400 miles from Montana to Arizona). Special occasions turned out to be Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, . . . etc. I have 6000 now and its only been 9 months that I have had her. There is nothing like tooling around town or highway in that car.

AZ, If Chicago had your weather I'd have a lot more miles on mine too....

25,000 miles in about a year and a half. When I bought the car I was only driving about 5 miles a day to work. Who woulda thunk?

The car is already promised to my son, so if I continue to drive it until he has a license, he will be the proud owner of a T-bird with about 175,000 miles on it.

Mom, is that you?

I would adopt you, but I only have two little cars.

Seriously, what Vette do you have?

I have a white 77 Vette, red interior, tinted glass T-Tops, mint condition, mostly crome under the hood, and to keep on the mileage topic, I have only 68,000 miles on it.

Add a few more miles to my previous post, I drove the Bird around town today, it was 62 degrees.

Had intended to not drive my NM much but to much fum 6000 miles since October 2 2002 (my wifes Birthday) do not drive with white powder on the roads but will put several thousand miles on this year.

Had intended to not drive my NM much but to much fun 6000 miles since October 2 2002 (my wifes Birthday) do not drive with white powder on the roads but will put several thousand miles on this year.

I got my little red bird in July 2002 and I now have 7,000 miles. I didn't buy her to leave it to my children. It is my mid-life crisis and I sure am enjoying it.

Fortunately, I was able to keep my '95 40th anniversary T-bird so that I don't have to take the baby bird out in bad weather. She's never seen snow and only used the windshield wipers once, when the '95 was in for repairs.

Love that car!!!

I started mine today – the first time since mid-December. It cranked for a second before starting but I’m pretty happy with the way the battery is holding up. This is only the second time I’ve started it since last October and I don’t use a battery minder. The car is covered and I don’t lock it so as to not arm the burglar alarm and possibly drain the battery.

It will be interesting to see if I have the will power this summer to avoid racking up more than the 1,500 miles I put on last year.

I didn't buy her to leave it to my children.

I didn't buy my cars for the kids either, but I will die someday. I am also keeping in mind that they will probably select the home. :D :D :D :D

Actually, they aren't showing much interest in either of the cars.
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back