• Please sign in or join the Thunderbird club free to access the search page and many other free site features.
    If you forgot your password click here

• Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 4th of July Special Offer **LIFETIME MEMBERSHIPS** Guest! You can upgrade your account today and unlock member only features of the site and remove all Google/Amazon ads! Click here to learn more. Thanks for supporting the club!

Mice Problems

behslh79
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Does anyone know where mice would enter the passenger area of a 1997 Ford Thunderbird? If so, do you have any suggestions for keeping them out? I've seen lots of suggestions, but none have worked. The one thing that did work was a mouse trap. But that is just gross and would like to keep them out entirely. Peppermint oil on cotton balls, moth balls in engine area/trunk, loud radio, and I think that's all I tried that did not work. I just want to keep them out. If anyone can help, I'd be so grateful.
Thank you.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

You really need to be on Youtube or Redit asking about rodent control. All sorts of ways they can get into your engine bay and inside a car.
The one thing that did work was a mouse trap. But that is just gross and would like to keep them out entirely.

Mice don't have bladder control, so they are pissing all over your car, inside the air vents, etc. That's gross! If they chew engine wires, it will effectively total a car this old. FYI rodents are what spread the bubonic plague which likely killed 20% of the world population.

Put peanut butter on mouse and glue traps. Most people have dozens or 100+ mice if they have seen several. They have short gestation period and breed quickly.

Last edited:
Mice can get through any crevice wide enough that their jaws can fit through as they compress their bodies...
Lots of treatments cited from dryer sheets to mint spray; I like the traps myself. It gives me a bit of perverse joy to end their little destructive lives.

I've been lucky so far with my 3 car detached garage, no rodents. However when it starts to cool off here in the fall I put dryer sheets on the floors in my cars.
Good luck!!

Back