Looking for MAP sensor | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Looking for MAP sensor

• Thread starter Thread starter AnniversaryBird
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AnniversaryBird

UPDATE EMAIL ADDRESS
Anyone know where the MAP sensor is on a 2005?

I've got a MAP/Barometric pressure circuit high code so I was going to replace the MAP if I can figure out where they have it hid on this thing lol.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Anyone know where the MAP sensor is on a 2005?

I've got a MAP/Barometric pressure circuit high code so I was going to replace the MAP if I can figure out where they have it hid on this thing lol.

I see you have a 2005 so did some digging for you & here's what I found from other owners:

* - "P0108 EGR Barometric Pressure Sensor Input Signal is out of Self-Test Range same as the other code you mentioned in last thread"
* - "On my 05 I had to have the EGR valve replaced. They say if you do not drive at highway speeds often and only make short trips they tend to get dirty and that causes the light to come on. I have had no problem since I replaced mine. - - The EGR valve in at the front of the engine, it's a pain to get out and back in."

Someone else said:
* - - "Check the air filter first. If that is ok remove the MAP sensor which in on the tube between the air filter and intake and see if there is any junk on it. Clean and reinstall. For good measure disconnect the battery and leave disconnected for several minutes - like about 30. Reconnect battery and see if the problem repeats itself. If so, replace MAP sensor (assuming the air filter is good). You can also do a seach on Yahoo or Google and find further information on this topic and learn how to check the leads with a volt meter to tell if the MAP has indeed failed"

I hope some of this helps!!🙂

I see you have a 2005 so did some digging for you & here's what I found from other owners:

* - "P0108 EGR Barometric Pressure Sensor Input Signal is out of Self-Test Range same as the other code you mentioned in last thread"
* - "On my 05 I had to have the EGR valve replaced. They say if you do not drive at highway speeds often and only make short trips they tend to get dirty and that causes the light to come on. I have had no problem since I replaced mine. - - The EGR valve in at the front of the engine, it's a pain to get out and back in."

Someone else said:
* - - "Check the air filter first. If that is ok remove the MAP sensor which in on the tube between the air filter and intake and see if there is any junk on it. Clean and reinstall. For good measure disconnect the battery and leave disconnected for several minutes - like about 30. Reconnect battery and see if the problem repeats itself. If so, replace MAP sensor (assuming the air filter is good). You can also do a seach on Yahoo or Google and find further information on this topic and learn how to check the leads with a volt meter to tell if the MAP has indeed failed"

I hope some of this helps!!🙂

thanks for all the info however the code I listed that I'm getting is a P1410, not the one you've listed.

thanks

Yes, and my very long code list says;

"P1410 EGR Barometric Pressure Sensor VREF Voltage."

All indications I have heard were it is expensive so possibly that's what they are not telling you.

Last edited:
Yes, and my very long code list says;

"P1410 EGR Barometric Pressure Sensor VREF Voltage."

All indications I have heard were it is expensive so possibly that's what they are not telling you.

Oh wow... My $600 Scanner is saying "MAP" Barometric pressure sensor circuit high.

I can get the EGR from Autozone for $96 and from Ford parts online it's $153.
I can't find a listing for a "MAP" sensor for the 05 T-Bird anywhere so my scanner may very well be showing me it's first error lol.

I'm going to replace the EGR and see if that cures it. I'm not paying those dealer fee's, that's ridiculous .... The car is 7 years old now and probably not worth putting another grand into it lol

Thanks for your help.

Glad to help. Post #3 tells you where it's located. I hope that the new part gets you resolution.😎

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back