Living Legends Tour Report

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to the Living Legends display at the Midwest Ford Performance and Shelby Meet in Tulsa, Oklahoma on Saturday. I was typing this report when the forum went down, so I'll try again.

The trailer is slick with large pictures of a red T-bird, red Mustang Mach I, a Ford 49 Concept Car and the GT40 Concept Car. There were actually 2 red birds to look at (one Premium with full red accent interior and one Deluxe with the black accent interior). The GT40 was strictly a impressive looking, concept shell and interestingly enough about 1 and 1/2 times the size of an original GT40 (an attendee of the gathering let them put his original near it in the display). The 49 is cool as it can be and this one was a working concept (the 3.9 L engine's intake says powered by Thunderbird as do the little bird emblems on the sides of the car) that they drove off of the trailer. They seemed the most interested in protecting it. Ford could sell thousands of the 49 if they would only build it. The Mach I was very cool with its retro shaker hood scoop and '69/'70 Mach I inspired interior. Ford will sell all they want to build of this car.

The T-birds were getting their share of attention but not as much as the others (been around awhile I guess). Glad to see they chose red as the color to campaign <g>.

I was talking to one of the workers for the tour about the fact that I had a T-bird and that I was disappointed they did not have a souvenirs to buy or a free poster or something else to commemorate the Legends Tour, like the SVT folks had at their trailer. He said they could have sold a lot of stuff but Ford on the tour but they didn't decide to do it. He said he had one little momento that he could give me and handed me a hat pin. I took a look at it and guess what it said .... "Thunderbird 2002 Motor Trend Car of the Year". It has the Ford logo on one end and the Motor Trend Caliper Trophy on the other. I told him that I was thrilled and thanked him so he could visit with other folks. I did not see him give a pin to anyone else, so I guess you need to really talk T-bird with him to get one. Just a heads up for when they come to a location near you.

I bought a neat Officially LIcensed by Ford wrist watch from one of the vendors. The face is turquoise and has the 2002 Thunderbird logo and Thunderbird written on the face in the official script. He had one with a black face also and both colors came in a women's size as well.

Took several pictures of the Legends vehicles and I can try to take one of the pin and watch, if Dot or anyone else wants to put them on their site. Let me know.

It was a great Ford day and a great day for Torch Red birds - 2 from Michigan and 1 from Oklahoma! Would have liked to go back for the Car Show today, but I think the good Lord expects me in church on His day. Hope everyone else had a great weekend, too.

Paul

------------------
#3739 Premium
Torch Red w/matching top
Standard Interior

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Paul,
would really like a photo of the pin.
I have the watch - got it this past week.
smile.gif

I went by the show on Sunday, asked about Thunderbird posters as they were givig away Bullet posters. Lady, reached for a bowl and handed me one of the pins, I asked for more and she gave me five or six more. I cut the pin off the back of one and used double sticky to attach to the dash, just below the 2 AC vents in the center. Looks neet to have small sign stating "2002 Thunderbird, Motor Trend Car of the Year" in the center of the dash.

------------------
Bill's Red and White #4359
Tag # 15AGAIN

Bill,

I had the very same idea. Just hadn't decided where I was going to put it. Decisions, decisions.

Paul

------------------
#3739 Premium
Torch Red w/matching top
Standard Interior

I saw the Living Legends tour here last week when it stopped at the Blackhawk Auto Museum. They had the 49 and GT40 parked inside and the Mustangs and a red Thunderbird in the outside plaza. Ford subsidized admission so we enjoyed a super show with the original classics! I didn't see any giveaways [other than flyers] at the exhibition table, though. I was really impressed with the looks of the 49 sedan, but was a little disappointed with the GT40. It reminded me less of Ford's original racecar and more of the modern European supercars. Got some closeup photos that I'll try to post next week.

Dot;

You might check with joelja to see if he has any extra pins. He gave them out at the N. Ga. Road Rally and he may still have a few left.

------------------
Courage - and shuffle the cards

It would be nice if we could get Ford to give one to everyone that goes on the Destin trip.
rolleyes.gif

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
Live Long and Prosper!

That would be nice Gobird, but I think it would be better if they gave one to everyone who bought a 2002 Thunderbird. Some of us no matter how much we would love to go cannot make it to Destin due to conflicts with scheduling or time restraints. Don't take that wrong, I just feel we all own the 2002 COTY and should receive a pin. (or two)

------------------
Yellow/Yellow Prem. 02 Bird w/full accent
1999 F150 Super Cab 4x4 Off Road
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

The Living Legends Tour will be in Watkins Glen, NY, in conjunction with the International Tbird Club Convention, during the weekend of July 26, 27 & 28th. Not sure exactly what days it will be there, but if you live in the northeast area, this might be a good opportunity to see the display, as well as many, many beautiful new and old TBirds.

Skip
Red/Red/Red Premium #1678

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back