Leather Cleaner for White / Yellow / Etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 3 week old Bird's white leather already has a stain. Ironically, it was a guy at the car wash, who had dirty pants.

Any suggestions? Has anyone found a good, but gentle cleaner?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

For really bad stains in leather, nothing beats.....HAIRSPRAY!!

That's right, hairspray. You need to be kinda quick, though. Take the hairspray (in an aerosol can) and give a good shot to the stained area. Quickly use a slightly damp rag to wipe away the residue. If it doesn't immediately get rid of all the stain, repeat exactly until it does. When the stain is gone, use a leather nutrient product (meguiars or similar) to make your leather as good as new.

I learned that this works the hard way. While giving a friend of mine a ride in my brand new '99 Cadillac Escalade, a pen he had in his pocket exploded. I thought I was going to drop dead right there on the spot (less than 200 miles on the truck!!!). My friend's uncle who cleans carpets for a living told me about the hairspray trick after I had absolutely no luck with anything else. I was AMAZED at how well it worked. I could never even tell there was any ink there, and it was BAD. I thought I would need new leather seats, but hairspray saved the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back