Interior lighting 2002

R
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hello all,

I just bought a 2002 and I can't seem to find information anywhere regarding what interior lighting it should have. The dash lights and glove box light work. The lights on the rear view mirror do not come on when I open the door or press the buttons.

I honestly don't know what's supposed to light up? Lol. Are there lights by the gear shifter? Are there foot well lights? I looked but don't see anything really.

Any help would be appreciated!

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Hello all,

I just bought a 2002 and I can't seem to find information anywhere regarding what interior lighting it should have. The dash lights and glove box light work. The lights on the rear view mirror do not come on when I open the door or press the buttons.

I honestly don't know what's supposed to light up? Lol. Are there lights by the gear shifter? Are there foot well lights? I looked but don't see anything really.

My 02 T primary interior lights are the rear view mirror map lights. Mine do come on when I open the door or press the buttons or turn the switch. Gearshift has lights. No foot well light - you’re right, it’s dark. I’ve thought about adding led strips, but don’t want to upset any electrical balance. Essentially the mirror lights are sufficient.

Ok great, I appreciate the info. My gear shift lights do not work then. I thought it should light up.

Check your instrument cluster to make sure their working. They are on the same wiring as shifter lights. I had this problem and did a mod to get them back.

The courtesy lights for entry/exit maps are the ones on the rear view mirror and two footwell lights in a 2002 premium.

Check the fuse in the right kickpad, think its number31

Hello all,

Yes, you should have lights in the foot wells of the floorboard, 3 lights on the cross bar (where the roof locks for convertibles) light in the right rear of trunk. I pulled my 2004 apart trying to figure out why mine didn't work or when they did, it was weak.. Turned out I had a parasitic discharge from the Amp in the radio and i removed the amp and now everything is bright and working... oh and the gear shifter just burned out on mine, going to look into that this weekend, hope this helps

Hello all,

Try the wheel by the light cut on if you turn it too far you cannot get the interior lights to cut off

Back