Insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attention AARP Owners; Get a quote from AARP, you'll be pleasantly surprised as I was. My premium for our 4 vehicles was cut in half. The Bird is $288 per year 500,000 liability, uninsured motorist, 5000 med., 100 ded. for comp., and 500 ded. for collision.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

my quote from allstate for a third car was 330 every 6 months for a 39 y/o male driver without tickets. To bad I cant get AARP, go and get it and enjoy the ride.

I got all worked up by this thread, went on line to AARP site and guess what? The Hartford does not sell insurance in Massachusetts.

------------------
Jim Williams
red/red/std blk premium #2 of 2 VIN 1FAHP60A62Y111592
Mass. tag JWBIRD

I just calles AARP - they work with Hartford. The quote I got was very high here in Michigan, amost $900/year, listed as pleasure driving. For all four of my cars they were 70% higher than Pioneer.

------------------
Chris
2002 Premium
Thunderbird Blue/Blue/Partial

I just talked to my State Farm agent and he informed me that our's would cost $358.38 for six month.Just something to throw into the pool of information.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond

-

Please take note...the quote you get from AARP (hartford) is for a full year...not 6 months. Maybe I was paying too much before, but I'm insuring a 2000 XJ8, 2001 Explorer, 2002 Escape, and 2002 Bird for $1267 for a full year. All have 500,000 Liability, 100 ded. comp.,500 ded. collision, 5k med and uninsured motorist. Sorry if it didn't help you, but it did me. I hope it was worth your time to check it out.

My State Farm is $945 per year with 100,000/300/000/50,000 coverage. $500 Deductible Comprehensive and $1000 Deductible Collision. It also includes Uninsured Motor Vehicle coverage. No accidents or tickets. I know Atlanta Metro is high, but this seems like a lot of difference.

Panz - you are getting a real deal. Hartford wanted $5,385 for the Bird, 1999 Cavalier, 98 Taurus and 93 Sable. They wanted $917 just for the Bird, "pleasure" use. I do have two college age boys, but no tickets or accidents. The agent said Michigan is one of the more expensive states. Everyone wants $3000+/year for the four cars.

------------------
Chris
2002 Premium

Birdbrain; Sure glad I live in Ohio. Rates in Michigan seem as high as those in New Jersey(according to my brother who has a home there.) I hope someone else can use AARP and do what they did for me. Sorry if I caused anyone any inconvenience.

Panz - It was not an inconvenience. I for one always appreciate leads from others that might give me the opportunity to save $. Sometimes they work out, sometimes they don't. Thanks for sharing.

------------------
Chris
2002 Premium

Panz, thanks for starting this thread. I'm expecting my triple blue in two weeks and have been shopping for insurance. I requested a quote from AARP today. I'll post my results soon. I live in SC which historically has very high rates (lousy drivers).

Panz, good to hear from you again! For those who may not know him, Panz was one of the first people on the old BON to take delivery of a non-NM car - 7/26, I believe. How's the blue bird holding up?

tr cruiser; The Blue Bird is fine, it just turned 1200 miles and no problems to date except for a little rattle coming from the hardtop.I purchased a lift from toplift(?), but haven't installed it yet. On my list to do this month though. I have reading this board since June and have enjoyed all the comments. It's fun to read the anticipation,joy,and pride that all would be and owners share with each other. We're one lucky bunch of Americans.

Originally posted by Birdbrain:
Panz - It was not an inconvenience. I for one always appreciate leads from others that might give me the opportunity to save $. Sometimes they work out, sometimes they don't. Thanks for sharing.

We live in Michigan and have AAA through our credit union. I checked with the agent who said our insurance will increase about $1100.00 per year when we add the T-Bird. This is with a $500.00 deductible on the collision. Since we won't be driving the bird during the winter months, the agent said all we have to do is call when it is in storage and there won't be any collision coverage but the comprehensive (fire and theft) remains on it. If for whatever reason we would want to drive it during a nice day or weekend etc. Another phone call puts the collision back on for that time period. The agent says they do this sort of thing all the time and since you don't have the collision during the winter months, it saves quite a bit.

slyfoxxmi - I have mine in storage now, and omitted the collision. Saved me almost $200 for the three months. Getting her out of hybernation in a couple of weeks, if the weather cooperates (after all, we DO live in Michigan, and never know what tomorrow will bring, let alone 2 or 3 weeks from now).

------------------
Chris
2002 Premium

Just got a quote today from AARP Tbird as second car pleasure use only $721. a year. Live in Ohio no tickets, no accidents in over five years. My wife's Youkon pleasure use $582 year. I have a company car.

this is strange, I think. My Tbird ins. is 386 and my 95' Splash is 221 no comprehensive for 1/2 year and with the AARp both of them would be $1012 for the year. Worth looking into.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back