I Got A VIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
joelja;

Yep, the "Boss" is still in the dark about our Bird. BTW, I got a call Wed. afternoon from the dealer saying it has been built and is on the way. The computer shows it as set for delivery the week of 04/08. That's about a week and a half of delivery/labor pains. So everyone cover your ears that week because when the "Boss" gets home and finds it in the garage she will go super sonic. Flybird, are you next on the list to get your VIN? If so they should have something by now. Maybe someone on this fourm could shed some light on how the order of VIN assignment is determined.

------------------
Courage - and shuffle the cards

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Yes TBirdMarty...I'm NEXT! My dealer gets in at noon, and I'll call him at 12:01!
wink.gif

I'm 4 of 7; dealer's third car was delivered 2/23...

------------------
White/White premium; full red accent interior; no VIN yet

Joelga - Congrats....I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I'm still waiting and would be very interested in when your order was placed. Maybe that will ease my discomfort

My heartiest congrats on getting your VIN Joel!

I think we ordered our cars around the same time, and trust me when I tell you that the wait is SO worth it. I've had my car just under two months now, and love every minute I'm in it. We've all become a part of this great American icon especially with our visit to the Wixom Assembly Plant. There is such a bond that I can't really explain with this car, but I know once you get yours in the next few weeks, you'll know what I'm talking about. Best of luck through the rest of your wait...it's almost over now!

KB

Just got off the phone with the dealer...no VIN yet...
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Will have to wait for any new news next Friday...looks like the ol' 89 SC will be making the trip to the North Georgia Road Rally...can someone please follow me with a tow-truck???
wink.gif
At least it will be the only one of its kind there (can you tell I'm trying to make a positive spin on all this?)

------------------
White/White premium; full red accent interior; no VIN yet

Congrats! Second happiest day of your tbird life!!!

------------------
Tommy TBird Blue
Blue/Full Blue/White Top

George, I placed my order Feb 15, 2001....over 13 months ago.

But I've been waiting for 3 years for this car....since I saw the yellow concept on the cover of Motor trend in March , 1999.

We're getting closer now.

------------------
blue/blue/full blue/premium on order: VIN #16050

joelja, did you say your VIN was 16050? I was checking the local Ford dealer yesterday to get numbers for jodrod and noticed a new blue/blue/premium had just been delivered with the exact same number. The dealer had it marked up $5K - that's about the current market price in this area. If I were you, I'd check with my dealer and have him call Ford to verify. The name of the California dealership is Ed Wood City Ford, (650) 767-2676, in case you need to contact them too. Hope it's not your car!

tr cruiser, I hope you are kidding. I called the phone number in your post. it is not a car dealership...it is a number for local time.

I went to Ford dealerconnection and could not find an Ed Wood City Ford.

I don't think the 16,000 series cars are being produced in Wixom yet.

So, tell me you are kidding or you made a mistake on the VIN#.

------------------

David, I had a hunch you were behind this weak/pitiful attempt at humor. It had your fingerprints all over it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUT, you have to get up preeeeeeetty early in the morning to put one over on me.

Being a real practical joke affecionado,
I have recorded in my memory bank the two perp's on this feeble attempt and just you wait, DavidA and tr cruiser.

(I have to admit...despite my rigorous due dillegence, I am still greatly relieved. As we know, Ford has the capacity to f--- up a two car parade.)

------------------

very cruel

------------------
neiman vin#00035
delivered October 4, 2001

Originally posted by joelja:
tr cruiser, I hope you are kidding. I called the phone number in your post. it is not a car dealership...it is a number for local time.

Did it give you the date too?

I went to Ford dealerconnection and could not find an Ed Wood City Ford.

Couldn't find Ed Wood? He's the biggest dealer here in Redwood City. Check the listings under Plan 9 from Outer Space.

I don't think the 16,000 series cars are being produced in Wixom yet.

Didn't someone once say there was one born every minute?

So, tell me you are kidding or you made a mistake on the VIN#.

Sorry to pull your leg, Joel. JUST KIDDING!!

p.s. DavidA is totally innocent.
smile.gif

-

joelga;

I think it also had a "Gold Package" on it too.

------------------
Courage - and shuffle the cards

All right .....all right.
When you are retired,like me, you won't
know what day of the week it is or what the date is either.

So you all keep having your fun at my expense. But remember, he who laughs last
laughs best..........or some B.S. like that.

------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back