HELP! A tree fell on my '02 t-bird | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

HELP! A tree fell on my '02 t-bird

• Thread starter Thread starter Blubrd
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Considerable damage was done to the hardtop (had to be replaced) and the driver side fender/trunk area. The entire back area of the car had to be re-painted. Now, the car looks like two different colors - (re-painted area is much darker - especially in bright sunlight) - I'm being told there is nothing more to do - that this color is very difficult to match. Has anyone else had to have their car re-painted and what was the outcome? I would appreciate any thoughts/comments/suggestions about this. Thanks for reading this.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

blubird: Sorry to hear about your accident and problem.
No match? Was it done by a Ford dealer? From what I've heard so far, they have no problem matching paints.
I'd say you have an insurance issue. First, if you had the adjuster look at it again they may agree and have it redone. I would think that if a body shop cannot match paints they do the entire car over.
I think it's a body shop issue. How often have you ever heard that story? And, there's a lot of duifferent colors in this world. By gosh, good shops even match faded paint.
I wouldn't sit for their stories if I were you.

Hi George:

Thank you for your reply. Yes, it was a Ford dealer. I think you are correct about it being a body shop problem. I think they should have been able to blend the paint better so that the colors would match or at the very least - so that it wouldn't be as noticeable. Will definitely talk to the insurance company. Thank you again for your comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back