heating and air blowing at same time?

chestnut101

chestnut101

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
My 03 tbird starting to blow and hot and cold air from the vents at the same time, Any clues ?

Happened to me too several years ago (2005 Tbird). I believe it is an electronic component issue in rour AC system. My dealer knew about it, but I had my private mechanic replace the component. Now it is happening again. I'll go to my Ford Dealer this time and will want to know the labor & parts warranty this time.

i replaced the heater control valve , but problem reapeared a week later. tried the to recalibate by switching to 90 for 2 minutes then to 60 for 2 minutes seams to have cleared it up

My 03 tbird starting to blow and hot and cold air from the vents at the same time, Any clues ?

I have that problem now, its not the control valve. Its the broken acturator arm in the heater control box under the dash. 9 hrs labor at 105.00 an hour. How did you solve your issue. Thanks Jack

The heater control box has a actuator that opens and closes the heater flap. Its not available new anymore. Ford wants 9 hours labor at 100. Bucks an hour. Trying to find one in a auto salvage yard.

Last edited by a moderator:
My 2005 T Bird suddenly started blowing hot air no matter what settings I have selected. I ran the AC self test and got the codes of 27 99 and 27 97. Anyone know what these codes mean?

Back