Has anybody replaced the hydraulic radiator fan on their 2002

I halfway think the tech i used (not dealer) did not repair it right the first time; they don't like rework, so they always find something new that's wrong.
Most shops have no idea how to rework anything. They just replace parts till they get it working again. I ran a heavy-duty big truck repair shop for three years and I could not believe what those mechanics would do. Most of the repairs always came back. I had 2 good mechanics out of 8.

As far as doing a replacement, parts are real hard to find for the 2002 and are expensive when you do.
There are alternatives by replacing the hydraulic system with an electric fan. There are threads on this forum for several different conversions.
1. Replace with a 2003-2005 fan. Not really doable because it takes a larger alternator and it gets messy due to different PCM's.
2. Do a aftermarket kit. Someone has done this with a Flex-a-lite 183 which is really for Dodge Ram v-8 but fits our radiator.
The fan uses about 18 amps versus the 40 some amps, I think for the ford fan so the original 2002 alternator can handle it.
There are detailed instructions on how to remove the old system then install and wire the Flex a lite on the forum.
I own a 02 myself but my system had been worked on prior to my ownership and its working fine for now. But when it goes, the flex a lite option will be my choice. But I can do it myself, too. Good luck

Back