Gulp - going in for paint work in 2 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've had our bird for about three weeks now. The only time we've had the hard top on was the three miles it took to drive home. When I took the top off, we already had the dreaded scratches in the paint so they're goign to redo the filler/sail panel. There was also a section on the inside lip of the driver's side quarter panel that looks like didn't quite get painted.

Ford didn't even raise an eyebrow about fixing it. I called and talked to the sales department and they said they'd never had the top off. I can't believe how easily the paint gets scratched by the top.

I sure hope they get the color match right. Has anyone else had paint work done on the torch red?

------------------
red/red/partial red

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

When I took my top off one of the scratches was down to the metal about 1/8" deep and about 1" long. They must have known they did it at the factory. My car is Yellow and the paint job came out fantastic, I can't begin to find where they started and stop under any light and I have tried several time trying to show someone what was repainted. I would think Red would touch up just as easy.

Had a cop car attack my left front corner. They painted the fender, door and bumper cover. Took special pains to paint them without masking so there would be no paint edges to show. Worked fine. Was done in November last year with only 2,800 miles on it. Both insurance and body shop were wonderful. No sign of injury yet. It's white and white and looks great.
Hope you do as well.
Bmcn

Thanks for the encouragement. You'd think a guy that grew up in a body shop would have more confidence -- but there I knew what kind of work my Dad would do.

I'll let everybody know how it comes out in about two weeks.

Wonder how long I'll have to wait before considering an X-pel treatment. The nearest dealer is only 40 miles away, so I'm pretty happy about that.

------------------
red/red/partial red

Took the bird in yesterday, expecting it to be gone for 3 days. Got a call last night saying they're done. They fixed the spot that didn't get painted on the lip but were queasy about re-painting the sail panel.

They were afraid that it would end up looking worse than it does now. Some of the scratches did polish out, but many didn't. Since I was worried about the color match and the durability of the repair, I just picked up the car.

Time to get an X-Pel treatment.

------------------
red/red/partial red

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back