Great Car!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I often read of '02 owners problems, or suggestions for improvements....I say "YES" there is always something that can be improved upon...I've had my '02 Black Premium since February of this year, and the car is FLAWLESS. I haven't had any problems. I love the way it handles....and the "WOW" factor is terrific. I get more stares than any car I've owned, including Porsches....and even my '57 vintage bird...So to anyone thinking of buying one, JUST DO IT!

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I have been real happy so far. Got my Bird in June and so far it has been a perfect car. I have not encountered any problems that other members have had.
I am very Happy with it and enjoy it as often as I can.

I can echo everyone's sentiments. I have owned my car since July 2nd, it has 1400 miles on it and every one of those miles has been a dream! I feel like Jack Nicholson in the movie Batman, can't seem to get the grin off my face!!

------------------
Blue Premium w/partial accent
02 Black Taurus SE

Got mine November 9,02. Cop car hit it November 16,02. Replaced chipped steering wheel. Just had 20,000 mile checkup today. Biggest problem is finding time enought to park it. White on White with a silly grin on the driver.
bmcn

Gee I better check my calendar.
Originally posted by Bmcn:
Got mine November 9,02. Cop car hit it November 16,02. Replaced chipped steering wheel. Just had 20,000 mile checkup today. Biggest problem is finding time enought to park it. White on White with a silly grin on the driver.
bmcn

------------------
Jim Williams
red/red/std blk premium #2 of 2 VIN 1FAHP60A62Y111592
Mass. tag JWBIRD

jawill200 - You must be getting Alzheimer's if you did not realize that the current date is 8-27-03. How else do you explain Bmcn receiving his car on 11-09-02.

------------------
Yellow/Yellow Prem. 02 Bird w/full accent
1999 F150 Super Cab 4x4 Off Road
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

Got my red bird March 4th 2002 (and yes Lon that's the right year I checked LOL) Zero defects after approx 3000 happy (grinning) miles.

------------------
Jim Williams
red/red/std blk premium #2 of 2 VIN 1FAHP60A62Y111592
Mass. tag JWBIRD

I got mine in May and it just turned 4,000 troublefree miles. No rattles, squeaks or problems of any kind.

William Gardner
blk/blk/red partial prem

Had mine since mid-February and just turned 5000 miles. Except for having the drivers side seat belt relplaced, this has been the perfect car. I love being unique, being able to drive all day, and never see an identical car to mine.

I've had mine since mid-February. It's had more problems than I expected to see for a car in this price range, including a replaced steering column and a maddening wind noise in the driver's ear at 35+ mph (unrepaired--dealer can't fix it and Ford won't help).

But boy, do I love this car! There's nothing like it on the road. I can't believe the few complaints I've read about the handling. I think the smooth ride might confuse people. The car may lean a little, but it goes where you point it, and it goes there pretty fast. If you want a Ferrari, buy one. It and some other cars, like some BMW models, will out-handle the Tbird.

But if you park the Tbird next to a BMW, no one will even notice the BMW. BMWs may be great cars, but they are butt-ugly.

Got my laser red bird in early May and my wife and I both love it. The only problem I have had to date is an occasional rattle/squeak in the dash. I did a search under "dash" and found several other similar comments along with the solution. Will take it in when I do the seat belt thing.

I had an occasional rattle/squeak in my dash, around the vent area in the center of the dash. Finally determined to have it looked at, and then then it quit. That has been awhile and hasn't come back.

------------------
VIN 106587 White, White, with chrome hood scoop bezel

I now have 8400 flawless miles on Zooomy red premium after the thunder on 66 trip. I would say that you get a smile every mile that you drive this car. Its good to drive home from work because you just cannot have a bad day with all those smiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back