Gov't. Test Mule | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Gov't. Test Mule

• Thread starter Thread starter Craig
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did an E-Bay search for a 1:24 scale model 2002 Thunderbird and typed in 2002 Ford Thunderbird, and found a Government side impact test car for sale. The followind is the description of the car as listed on E-Bay:

"Vehicle Description

This is a brand new car that was used in testing by the government. It has only 5 miles on it, runs and drives. There is no title of any kind included with this car and it can not legally be titled for highway use using the existing VIN #. Some states do allow for homemade or reconstructed vehicle titles to be issued with a new VIN #. We are only familiar with the laws here in Wisconsin. It is your responsibility to check on your local regulations. We are selling this as parts or for export only. These are very hard to come by at a decent price. We can help with the transportation of this anywhere in the lower 48 states. E-mail me with any questions.

Vehicle Condition

The impact was on the drivers door and door post area. The door is not included. The air bag in the drivers seat is deployed. There is a small hole in the gas tank and a line broken off the power steering pump. They do these things to drain all fluids prior to testing. There are holes drilled in most of the body panels where items were mounted to monitor the test. Part of the mounting area for the right rear taillight is cut away, but gets covered by the light....."

Looks like a pretty tough little car to me! If I can figure out how to post the pictures to the Gallery I'll post all twelve pictures

Craig

😱

Attachments

• i-1_b_l.jpg
    i-1_b_l.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 101

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I bet someone could make a neat TBird trailer out of it

Pictures posted in Gallery

I posted all twelve pictures of the car that were posted on E-bay. The general description should explain what the pictures are. It's interesting to see the car after the test. I don't know how fast the sled was moving when it hit the car, but it looks as if the car did rather well. I've seen a few Urban Assult Vehicles (SUV's) that didn't do as well. 😡

This shows how our little "bird" earned five stars in the side impact test.😀

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back