Get a Grill

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Status
Not open for further replies.
I purchased an 02 Red Bird last summer and the only time I notice the plastic grill is when I wash it. That's when I wonder why Ford didn't use a metal grill. An after market grill, reasonably priced, would be a winner in my opinion.

Lee:
There is an aftermarket grille available, but to install it the whole front facia needs to be removed. If you want the data I'll try to get it for you.

Just checked it out. There's a brushed aluminum Billit Grille for $325 on Power Sports website

SS grill avaiable

There is a SS grill available from Out of Business just select exterior from the home page. Hope this is usefull to those interested. The cost is $355.95 plus shipping.

Steve

Re: Plastic grill

It has been alleged this post I made today was already covered:
I have always been quit surprised at the cheaply made grill Ford puts into the new bird. Does anyone know of a replacement? Please give your opinion about the OEM plastic grill to me. ADD: May I have your opinion regarding the plastic grill? Thumbs up or thumbs down in reply ... will do fine.
Thanks, Guy Giordano

Here is the prior topic I posted previously:
Where to get a nice grille replacement (Billet aluminum anodized or stainless to replace the cheap looking factory grille? Anybody know? Thanks, Guy.
You blocked today's post with this remark:

The topics are quite different although the subject is the same. In the new post I have endeavored to take a poll which I can submit to FORD. I think it is important to know how many owners feel the same as I do about the cheap looking grill. In this way, I think might be able to get some action going by FORD. The post is hereby reinstated. This paragraph has been included for puropse of clarification.
Thanks, Guy Giordano at Harveys Lake, PA.
OK, Lets see now, Who wants a nicer metal grill and who does not? Please state your opinon.

Guysfun: If a metal grill could be made with the correct fit, good chrome plating, with the right attaching hardware etc., I would be interested. But not if the price was astronomical, which it probably would be for something like that. Say close to a thousand bucks. The plastic grill in my 2005 still looks great but say 5 years down the road it might not look so good. So if Ford or some other vendor could make it and the price wasn't way out of reason, I would definitely be interested. Thanks. Charlie

Re: Muffler tip replacement

Thanks Quickdraw for the grill information. I like it. I also want to thank those that contributed to the muffler/tip replacement thread. That was helpful as I would like to go with one of the Flowmaster choices and extend the tips about 4" to get past the valance.

Hey Tigerpaw: I would like to do what you want to do, extend the tips out past the valance. Do you have a part number for the tips that will do that? Thanks. Charlie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back