Ford Plants Closed for 3 days... Tracy was off Sick

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered a car cover from the Ford world catalog 12 days ago. I was told it would be at my place in 7 to 10 days...

After 10 days I called back....

Imagine this, I was told that Tracy was off sick and she would be the only one able to answer the question "where is my order".

This went on for 3 days straight.

Tried to talk to a supervisor, placed a call at Ford customer service.

Nothin could get me the answer I was lookin for... "Where is the order I placed".

Well I guess Ford plants must have shut down for 3 days as Tracy was sick.

Tracy was back at work today, and even if I had left messages to supervisors, and Tracy, I am the one that had to call at 5pm to finally be told by a very curt Tracy, that in fact I would have to wait 6 to 8 weeks for my car cover.

Now... Is it me or is Ford suffering from a full blown terminal "customer service" cancer?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Erict,

I have had good times and bad with Ford customer service. The service has gone down the past 4 months or since the news of the layoffs hit many Ford employees.

As far as accessories go or customer service, FORD is getting very sloppy.

I would not trust, believe in or put any faith in anyone or product that carries the FORD accessory label(The carpeted floor mats are one exception).

Thankfully the car is better than the overpriced accessories.
I have had problems with the Front protection bra not being made for those of us with front plates(customer service is dead on this one). And most of the items in the Ford catalog are overpriced and of low quality.

They have us by the ego to own all the accessories and bragging rights at conventions.

My advise is to get your aftermarket items from other sources that stand 100% behind their product and deliver it on time, and priced right.

------------------
'56 TBird '02 NM Bird
'98 F250
'68 AMC AMX
'73 Volvo 1800ES
'01 Olds Aurora 4.0

FDCAPTAIN: Regarding the Bra, I bought a bra for a Mitsubishi Spyder I had a year or so ago and had a choice of buying one for a car with or without a front license bracket. Either way though, the bracket had to be removed and then replaced in order to get the bra on. I have one for my T-Bird and fortunately, I don't have a front plate. However, I think if you took the bracket off, punched small holes in the bra where the screws go and then re-installed the bracket over the bra, it would work just fine. Of course, if you intend to remove the bra often, that would not be ideal. I have had mine on for 4 mos. and am quite happy with the fit and think I'll just leave it on, although I do like the look without the hood section.

DAVIDA,

You are correct. I am going to do that for the Thunder on 66 and any drives out of State.

Your point about having bras for both was not even a choice, not did anyone at FORD CARE!

Once I tried to put it on it was mine as far as the dealer was concerned and FORD Customer Service was not at all interested in helping any customer with an accessory, they suggested I cut a hole to fit around the bracket,ha.

Your idea has merit, but I feel FORD is not making any ground at all on it's diminishing market share by treating ANY customer in this way.
The maker did not care either!

------------------
'56 TBird '02 NM Bird
'98 F250
'68 AMC AMX
'73 Volvo 1800ES
'01 Olds Aurora 4.0

Yes, I agree with you on the "Ford Customer Service". It does leave alot to be desired. Have called the 800# for over 2 months straight to check on 02 T-Bird on order since 3/9/01. When speaking to a live person, they acted like we were "bothering" them for information. A little "Public Relations" wouldn't hurt for the Ford Consumers. If I didn't want this car so BAD, I would buy something else. Guess I will wait it out. I hear the car is WORTH the wait!

DavidA,

A few words of warning regarding the bra being on a long time. If the car gets wet while it is on it can trap water against the paint and cause hazing if allowed to stay on there wet for extended periods of time. I always take them off and let them dry out as soon as I possibly can. Also, sometimes a stone or other foreign object can work its way up under one and cause rubbing of the bumper paint over time (I know this from a previous vehicle) or an object could could end up down inside the hood piece because of the gap caused by the hood shape. I'm a big believer in bras but you have to really check everything out often for them to not cause more problems than they are preventing.

Good luck,

Paul

------------------
#3739 Premium
Torch Red w/matching top
Standard Interior

This may do some good, or it may not-but it's worth a try-

For anyone that has specific or general concerns about the level of customer service, send those concerns to me in an email. I'll be over in Dearborn next week, meeting with a number of people at Ford, including the mid and upper-level management concerned with CS. I'll pass on the concerns that people have, and just maybe they might listen then.

------------------
**********, **************************

Just heard William "bill" Ford On 760 WJR AM out of Detroit. He said they are turning it around. I placed a call to his office today about some Tbird issues..still no return of my call. Day 1 of ?. Will post a response if I get one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back