Ford Extended Service Plan | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Ford Extended Service Plan

• Thread starter Thread starter Dave C
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been the owner of many, many new Ford products over the years and have found them to be extremely reliable and trouble free. There were not a handful of warranty problems among all of them.

If I had purchased an ESP on any of them I would have been in the hole big time. (This includes a '79 Bird, purchased new).

How many have purchased an ESP for their new Bird and what are their thoughts on the benefit? (Mine will be a low mileage vehicle driven approximately 5000 miles a year).

Comments will be appreciated.

Dave C.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

ford esp

i am currently in the process of ordering a 2005 t-bird, platinum silver, black interior, blank ink accent package, micro-machined wheels. i am also looking at purchasing an ESP, probably 7years/60,000 miles. i have always purchased an ESP when i buy a new vehicle. fortunately, or maybe unfortuntately, they have always paid off for me.

According to Dave Ramsey http://www.daveramsey.com buying extended warranties is a waste of money.

If you buy a warranty on every car you purchase, the ODDS are, in the end you will loose.

Warranies have deductables, the prices on repair work are negotiable, and they can refuse to fix something under extended warranty if they feel the car was not serviced properly, etc.

Sure, people come out ahead every now and then, but if the warranty company did not come out ahead the majority of the time, they would be out of business.

Take your 1200-1500 for the 7 year warranty and invest it in a mutual fund.

Last edited:
Esp

jordsdad said:
i am currently in the process of ordering a 2005 t-bird, platinum silver, black interior, blank ink accent package, micro-machined wheels. i am also looking at purchasing an ESP, probably 7years/60,000 miles. i have always purchased an ESP when i buy a new vehicle. fortunately, or maybe unfortuntately, they have always paid off for me.

Ford sent me an email .... January, 2005 special is $175 off posted prices on ESP plans. Still undecided myself. As mentioned above, I guess I have been 'lucky' in the other direction as some of my new Fords have been driven 100,000 plus miles and tires, brakes, oil, trans fluid changes were only 'repairs'. Did have a $90 repair bill for driver's side window switch replacement on a '93 Crown Vicky with 103000 miles - way less than the ESP would have cost.
Also, daughter has one of the first Lincoln LS models with similar chassis to 'Bird and has had zero problems to repair.

I bought a Ford Service DVD on Ebay and use it to fix the easy stuff. It is the same DVD the mechanics use to reference.

There are other cirumstances factored into extended warranties for cars and other merchandise. If the car is totaled, your warranty goes with it to the junk yard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back