Ford ESP PremiumCare | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Ford ESP PremiumCare

• Thread starter Thread starter jfgormly
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jfgormly

Reaction score
Hi Folks, This is my first post so excuse me if this has been covered before.
I just purchased a 2003 Black on Black Thunderbird from a non Ford Dealership. It has 13,257 miles on it and is in good shape.

My question is -- has anyone had any experience with Ford's ESP PremiumCare Service plan? A Ford Dealership near my home is offering a 3year/36k mile plan for $2085.00. I plan on driving the car almost daily.

Please let me know your thoughts,
John 😎

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Hi John and welcome to the Forum.
Since it's a 2003, you should call the dealer first and see if they'll sell you one. I believe if the original one has expired you cannot buy the extention.

If you can still buy one, you may be able to do better on the price by shopping around.

Now, the biggest problem that I know of on the Birds is probably the Coils-On-Plugs or COPS. However, the 2003's are covered by a special letter from Ford for up to 100,000 miles. I posted a copy on another thread a few months ago, so use the search function above and you'll find it

Welcome again!!

HI George,
Thank you for the information. I found a Lincoln dealer who I think will be good with the TBird. I used them when we had the Grand Marquis( quite a change in vehicle size 🙂

This is a great sight with alot of information. I'm gald I joined.

BTW here's a COPS in a .pdf format that is a smaller file.

John 😎

John that's great. Almost everyone I know that switched to Lincoln dealers, appreciated the switch. I hope it works out for you!!
Thanks for posting that pdf file.
BTW, if you shop on that ESP I believe you can get as low as $1700. I'll see if I can find the dealer in CT that sells them for a low price.
I had them price it and took that to my dealer and said, "last time, you want to sell for this or I'll buy it there and service here". e sold for their price, but that was four years ago.

Hi John:
I found the data you need. If you go on site you can actually get a quote there. Then match that to your dealers prices. Please recognize that these are quotes from a few years ago so they may have changed since then:

http://www.fordwarrantys.com/ This is the dealer in CT, and the warranties are FORD, and not an after market warranty. Therefore honored at all Ford/Lincoln/Mercury dealerships

quotes from a few years back:
7 years To 36,000 Miles $1,135
7 years To 48,000 Miles $1,420
7 years To 60,000 Miles $1,505
7 years To 75,000 Miles $1,685
7 years To 100,000 Miles $2,440
Caution; 7 years means 7 years total which would include the original 3 year Ford warranty, so you would not be adding 7 years!

Last edited:
Warranty Coverage

John,

I tried to get the Ford warranty coverage on my 03 black bird after my three year warranty ran out. I only had 20,000 miles on the car but no luck. I replaced the rear wheel bearing at 21,000 miles which cost me $1400 bucks out of my own pocket. Moral of the story; "get some kind of warranty" There are multitudes of warranty companies that provide good coverage. I purchased mine through my credit union with several recommendations from co-workers. I purchased a bumper to bumper warranty for five years/100,000 miles for $1400. The five years starts at the time of warranty purchase. They required a total vehicle inspection before coverage. The name of the company is AutoExam and they are based here in Houston. We all appreciate our wonderful cars but the cars have thier little quirks. If you plan to drive the car daily, Please get a warranty. I haven't used mine yet but I'm fairly certain I will over the next four years.

Enjoy your great car,

Jim (jetbird)

Hi John:
I found the data you need. If you go on site you can actually get a quote there. Then match that to your dealers prices. Please recognize that these are quotes from a few years ago so they may have changed since then:

http://www.fordwarrantys.com/ This is the dealer in CT, and the warranties are FORD, and not an after market warranty. Therefore honored at all Ford/Lincoln/Mercury dealerships

quotes from a few years back:
7 years To 36,000 Miles $1,135
7 years To 48,000 Miles $1,420
7 years To 60,000 Miles $1,505
7 years To 75,000 Miles $1,685
7 years To 100,000 Miles $2,440
Caution; 7 years means 7 years total which would include the original 3 year Ford warranty, so you would not be adding 7 years!

George, That site requires you to enter your email address and if you do not buy a plan your first visit, they send you a $150 discount within a day or so. They do not sell or give your email address to anyone else so no worries there....

Heres todays prices for a six year plan on a 2005 Thunderbird:

years/miles...Coverage To.... ExtraCare....PremiumCare
6/36,000......2011.............. $785........... $875
6/48,000......2011.............$1,030..........$1,120
6/60,000......2011............ $1,025..........$1,120
6/75,000......2011.............$1,210..........$1,390
6/100,000....2011..............$1,660..........$1,905

EDIT: 10 minutes after I left the site I got an email from them with a discount of $180 off the posted prices.

Last edited:
Thanks Quickdraw...the prices sure haven't changed much, so these postings, from all, should help John with his decision

Esp

While we're on the subject.
When we purchased our 2005, we also bought the extended warranty. It is for 6 years or 75K miles. Cost about 1400- 1500 as I recollect.
My question is "does anyone know who (some third party) sells extended warranties when the 6 years oor 75 K miles ends?
We had a 1993 Mark 8, and I continued to purchase extended warranties until we gave the car to my mother in law. We got to 122K miles, 2years or 24 K miles at a time.
Maybe someone with a 2002 or 2003 has gotten this far.
Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back