FOMOCO insurance | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

FOMOCO insurance

• Thread starter Thread starter cool57
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cool57

Reaction score
Has anyone priced the insurance Ford is offering? Good deal? Bad deal? I'm getting direct mail solicitations from them as a result of new 'Bird purchase.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I haven't priced it but I would offer this. If you are currently with an Insurance Company that has a good product fitting your needs, that actually has an agent, a claims department that provides you with good customer service, why would you consider changing. The premium of a new carrier may be less now but is subject to change if they have a poor loss ratio. I am not in sales but I do work for a major Insurance Company. I see more people come back to us after they have made a claim with their "new" carrier. They found out the premium they paid to us was worth the service they received. Just like the vehicles we drive, we don't mind paying the price for a good product! Take a good look at the information you received from Ford. I'm sure it is underwritten by someone other than Ford Motor Company.

Thanks for the reply. I wasn't planning to switch. I've been with the same agent and carrier for 25 years (wow I'm getting old!)
They treat me right and they have good coverage for collectible cars. These mailings I'm getting are the first indication I've seen that FOMOCO is in the insurance biz. Just curious.

I grew up in an Allstate family...they are not the cheapest insureance carriers, but the customer service and local agent outweighs the higher premium. Try to work with 800 companies just once and you will see. I made that mistake....And yes I never told my dad...currently an Allstate agent that I went to Geico...Now I am back with Allstate and very happy, but a few pennies poorer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back