Fitchburg, MA Car Show 4-19-09 | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Fitchburg, MA Car Show 4-19-09

• Thread starter Thread starter George
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

George

Passed Away July 25, 2015
Reaction score
Thunderbird Year
Any old or new members want to join us? Every year we meet new members.

About this time of year, cabin fever may be setting in. Fitchburg Airport - Fitchburg, MA - 8AM to 1PM Sunday 4-19-09

No judging, but a chance to get the TBird shined and out for a spin to just meet other TBirders, browse around 500+ customs, classics, and antique cars. Plus 300 swap meet vendors for car parts, vintage toys and petrolania

I'll also be setting up hotel reservation at last years rate at $95.00. But for those do not want to stay over, you can meet us at the hotel Sunday morning and caravan in with us so we can all park together.

Or, just meet on the field- Go in whenever you get there. I'll post the final hotel info on this thread when I have it.😎

I cannot attach the flyer since it exceeds my attachment limit. But if you want a copy, PM me your email address and I'll send it along to you

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I have a contracted for rooms at $95.00/night +tax.
For anyone that plans to come and stay over, you can call in your reservations at 978-534-9000. When calling, refer to the "New England Thunderbirds" to get the above rate. NOTE: All reservations need to be made by 3-18-09 to get this rate.

So far I have six couples and two singles, committed to stay over, Saturday night. Plus there are three couples meeting us Sunday morning at the hotel, to caravban into the show.
Any others interested in getting out for the first show of the season??😎

We are now up to 6 couples staying over and 6 meeting us Sunday AM. Twelve 12 cars attending😎
Reservation deadline tomorrow 3-18-09 - Any others coming? Tattwoo98?

A real solid day was had - Over 550 cars showed up. Just about anything that's out there, was there. Even saw a '53 Mercedes Hot Rod.
Plenty of Thunderbirds of all years but most important we had 13 Retro birds in a row.😎 And one new member added to the New England Group😀 along with a lot of us original members from 2002.

NEXT get together is THUNDERAMA in NH, https://forums.fordthunderbirdforum.com/search/30340/?q=thunderama&o=relevance We have already 92 Thunderbirds registered along with about 20 Retros so far. Total Thunderbirds is usually about 125

Last edited by a moderator:
George, I don't know how you are going to top this event in the future after looking at the pictures of the great time had by all. The stuck elevator had to be the crowning touch. If Cheryl and I ever get out your way I'll be sure to look you up. Weather here is still changing, 2 days 70's 3 days rain and 40's. Could be back to near 80 on Friday. The only good thing is Early Bird is my daily driver now that the snow is gone. Keep in touch, Dick

Thanks Dick, it really was a blast that we won't soon forget😎
Weather here for Sat/Sun is also predicted to be 70/80's - Enjoy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back