First Road Trip | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

First Road Trip

• Thread starter Thread starter jerrym3
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Taking the 03 Bird on it's first extended road trip tomorrow. (Car has less than 5K on it and I've owned it since spring of 2003.)

Wednesday: heading from North Jersey to the White Mountain area of New Hampshire.

Thursday: New Hampshire to South Burlington, Vt.

Friday: in the company's South Burlington office till the late, late evening

Saturday: South Burlington (at dawn) to New Jersey; (Mapquest says 5 hours/5 minute trip)

Loaded up with three Pretenders CDs, every Moody Blues CD I own, and three CDs from "Eddie and the Cruisers" and the Eddie sequel "II" movie soundtracks.

Now if I could just get the weather to cooperate.

Based upon what I get in mileage now with a mix of city and highway driving (about 22 mpg), I'm planning on 400 miles per tank.

This is just the practice trip for the big one when I retire. East Coast to West Coast and return. (Told my wife, I have to do it once before father time make the trip too questionable.)

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Burlington VT?

JerryM:
If your in Burlington VT, an excellant dining experience used to be on the water. A place called the Ice House. It actually used to be an old ice house where they cut chunks of ice from the lake for sale.
For an unusual experience, you have to go to "Zacks on the Rocks", at the foot of Jay Peak near Montgomery, VT. Just excellant food and you'll never forget the atmosphere. It's my understanding that lots of big names have dined there.
Just hate to see you drive all that distance and miss something. Besides, if you get to Zacks, that TBird will look good next to all the Limos.

Status
Not open for further replies.