Find out how rare your car is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry everyone - I didn't know I had requests waiting....

Ski,
1FAHP60A52Y112281
Order Date: 6/18/2001
Daet Built: 2/27/2002
At Dealer: 3/4/2002
Sold Date: 3/6/2002 Sold by Hillside Ford, Hillside, NJ
There were 4,705 Thunderbirds built like yours
Sorry, I don't have anything prior to 2002...

Southern Dad,
1FAHP60A32Y119200
Order Date: 5/6/2002
Daet Built: 5/28/2002
At Dealer: 6/3/2002
Sold Date: 7/11/2003 Sold by: Chestatee Ford, Dahlonega, GA
You've got the exact car as Ski (above) There were 4,705 Thunderbirds built like yours

Oshkosh Ken & rfc123 - I need the year and last five VIN digits. The VIN is visible thru drivers side windshield at bottom as viewed from the outside.

Tintmanpa, Yes the VIN is critical...
1fahp60a42y112689
Order Date: 12/28/2001
Daet Built: 3/4/2002
At Dealer: 3/12/2002
Sold Date: 3/13/2002 Sold by Five Star Ford, Scottsdale, AZ
There were 206 Thunderbirds built like yours. The only difference between yours and the two above is you have the white hardtop instead of a black hardtop.

thanks for the info. do you know how many were ordered with the white hard tops

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Tintmanpa,
Well you already know there were only 206 black Birds ordered with white hardtops. There were 1,348 Performance White hardtops for 2002 and 3,562 Whisper White hardtops out of a total 2002 production of 31,368 cars. Performance White hardtops were only installed on non-white cars - its a bit brighter than the whisper white that matched the body color of white Tbirds.

P.S. 2,304 Tbirds out of 31,368 for model year 2002 did not have any hardtop at all.

Last edited:
sorry i didnt read your first post correctly....i understand now,,...thanks again 206 thats cool. i have only had the hard top once since i got the car it is on the cart and the cart is mounted on my garage wall about 6 feet off the ground. but its cool to know the numbers on it .

Quickdraw; probably the Inca Gold or Neiman Marcus??

Tintmanpa,

George is correct in that the rarest COLOR is the Inca Gold Tbird - they only made 82 of them in TOTAL. But there are 101 Tbirds made from 2002 to 2005that are only ONE of a kind. I made a list of these 101 cars and it probably can be found at D O T's site. if you GOOGLE these search words: "new 2002 2003 2004 2005 ford thunderbird owners" at the top of the Google results list - the very first unshaded (unsponsored) link, is a site with ALL SORTS of info about these cars.

Almost all Tbirds with hardtops had the hardtop the same color as the body. If someone orders a top a different color that the body it drops the numbers way down. The one of a kind tend to be kinda oddball color combinations - maybe a bronze or red body with a black hardtop. Since the vast majority had hardtops, SST trans, and chrome wheels when you don't have a two or more of those options they get rare pretty fast. There were 1,863 Tbirds with option combinations that result in 10 or fewer cars being made in that configuration.

How rare is my Bird

Hi Quickdraw: Bought my Bronze 2005 secondhand with 9000 mi. on it It's deluxe, Tan top, Tan Seats,wheelcover and shiftknob. VIN is 1FAHP60A45Y106153. When you find time, I'd enjoy knowing the data that's available. OK thanks Bud

Hi Quickdraw: Bought my Bronze 2005 secondhand with 9000 mi. on it It's deluxe, Tan top, Tan Seats,wheelcover and shiftknob. VIN is 1FAHP60A45Y106153. When you find time, I'd enjoy knowing the data that's available. OK thanks Bud

Coyote Red,
Yours is not a Deluxe, it is the more costly "Premium" model.
1FAHP60A45Y106153
Order date: 2/9/2005
Ddate Built: 3/2/2005
At Dealer: 3/28/2005
Sold Date: 3/22/2005 Sold By;Stillwater Ford, Lincoln-Mercury, Parsippany, NY
Your 2005 Bronze Premium, no hardtop, sand interior, no SST, 16 spoke machined wheels is one of 51 made like that. Interestingly, besides yours, this dealer ordered 29 other bronze Tbirds, identical to yours, on the same day as yours. In fact this dealer odered a total of 228 Tbirds on that the same day!!! Ford must have made them a heck of a deal to get them to order that many.

Rare

CD----Your a keeper, You must have a direct hookup to the Company Records to get the data so quick. I think your just a little faster the Matt Dillon!!!! Thanks P.S. By the way, although mine didn't come with Hardtop. Just found one in Bronze to Wed to 'OL GOLD" Thanks again

Quickdraw Thanks for the info. you are really quick. Should this info match a carfax report? As far as Delivery date and etc. Thanks again Bud J

I would guess they do match but if they don't Carfax is wrong.... These dates indicate someone bought the car sight unseen six days before it was delivered. Let me know waht Carfax says...

QD----In fact that's before the Build date and just nine days after the order date. crazy right? Bud J

Well it's just not possible, I dug way into your car, and the engine wasn't even built until 3/1/05. CarFax is flat wrong. I also found out that, yours and probably all the other 228 Tbirds ordered on that same date, were sold to Cendant Car Rental Group.

Do you still have free access to CarFax reports? If so Ill send you a private note with other VIN numbers that are sisters to your car - ordered the same day and built the same day as yours. The VIN numbers for all 228 cars were generated on 2/11/05. Perhaps Cendant filed some sort of mass registration once they had the VIN numbers. Not a single one of the 228 were built by 2/18/05 so it certanly was not a traditional "registration".

Last info

Hi Quickdraw; Well, with your super help, we've solved a problem for me. This car was re-registered on 04/04/2005 in Florida,about one week after it really arrived at the dealer, as, a lease vehical and just because it was bought by a Major car rental Co., it was on lease until it passed on to me thru a Ford Factory Sale. Case solved. Thanks a bunch. Your help has been great. Bye Bud J

WOW, Quickdraw is the man!! He really has the data to back up what you need.

What can you tell me about my Bird. It is a Bronze 2005 deluxe with 16 spoke wheels. VIN FAHP60A25Y103834

1FAHP60A25Y103834
Order Date: 10/13/2004
Date Built: 12/2/2004
At Dealer: 1/5/2005
Sold Date: 2/4/2005 Sold by Sunland Ford Lincoln-Mercury, Victorville, CA
Yours is one of 336 built just exactly like it.

By the way, yours is not a Deluxe, it's the more expensive "Premium" model.

Thanks for the info. I thought I was one of 1,500.

A common misconception.... there were 1,500 Special Edition 50th Anniversary Tbirds but they were all made in the cashmere color. Yours is a 50th anniversary Tbird but just not the Limited Special Edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back