• Please sign in or join the Thunderbird club free to access the search page and many other free site features.
    If you forgot your password click here

• Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 4th of July Special Offer **LIFETIME MEMBERSHIPS** Guest! You can upgrade your account today and unlock member only features of the site and remove all Google/Amazon ads! Click here to learn more. Thanks for supporting the club!

• 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

Find out how rare your car is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
MIDAS said:
Quickdraw

Do you have final production runs on all colors and combinations as of now?
I just bought another 2005 limited ED CASHMERE. Love the interior and trim, but the red 2003 is still a head turner!!! We now have his & hers.
Thanks

MIDAS (Dennis)

Congratulations! If you don't already know when it's birthday is I can check it if you give me the VIN.

They're still making 2005s for another week so those numbers aren't available yet but I have 2002, 2003, & 2004.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Hi, Just recently traded my 2000 Mustang for a 2004 Thunderbird and I LOVE it.
Would like to know how many were made though.

It's a 2004 Torch Red with a Black Soft Top and a White Hard Top. Has optional partial accent package in performance white. I am assuming it is a premium since it has the heated seats and 7 spoke wheels.
Vin# 1FAHP60AX4Y106334

It also has a remote starter. Is that standard on the Thunderbird? I always worry about storing a car with one of those in an attached garage.

Just found this website and Love it. Thanks! :)

LadyDev said:

It's a 2004 Torch Red with a Black Soft Top and a White Hard Top. Has optional partial accent package in performance white. I am assuming it is a premium since it has the heated seats and 7 spoke wheels.
Vin# 1FAHP60AX4Y106334

It also has a remote starter. Is that standard on the Thunderbird? I always worry about storing a car with one of those in an attached garage.

Yes, you have the premium. If you have the SST transmission yours is one of only 35. If you do not have the SST yours is one of only four! The SST transmission has a "+" and a "-" on the right side of the shift pattern to let you advance a gear, or downshift, by tapping the shift lever. It will be a few days before I can check your build date.

Thanks! :) I went out to check, and I do have the SST transmission.

I have to say that when I had my mustang, I couldn't go to the store without passing several of them. I haven't seen ONE Thunderbird while driving this though.

Thanks again!! :)

LadyDev said:
Thanks! :) I went out to check, and I do have the SST transmission.

I have to say that when I had my mustang, I couldn't go to the store without passing several of them. I haven't seen ONE Thunderbird while driving this though.

Thanks again!! :)

I missed your previous question.... no the remote starter is not standard or even a factory installed option. I can understand a concern about storing a car with this - seems like it would be easy to accidently hit the button and start it without knowing. My son has a remote starter on his Taurus and he has an on/off switch under the dash to disable the remote start if he wanted to... If you bought the car new, the dealer would have installed the starter, and he can tell you if you have a cut off switch.

LadyDev said:

Vin# 1FAHP60AX4Y106334

LadyDev,

As I said before you've got one of 35...
1FAHP60AX4Y106334
Order Date: 10/28/2003
Date Built: 12/16/2003
At Dealer: 12/23/2003
Sold Date: 1/25/2005

MIDAS said:
Quickdraw

Do you have final production runs on all colors and combinations as of now?
I just bought another 2005 limited ED CASHMERE. Love the interior and trim, but the red 2003 is still a head turner!!! We now have his & hers.
Thanks

MIDAS (Dennis)

Dennis,
Heres the most popular colors and the number of years ( ) that color was offered.

1. Black (4)
2. Red (4)
3. TB Blue (1)
4. White (2)
5. Silver (2)
6. Merlot (1)
7. Yellow (1)
8. Mountain Shadow Grey (1)
9. Desert Sky Blue (1)
10. Cashmere (1)
11. Med Stl Blue (1)
12. Bronze (1)
13. PCR (1)
14. Ice blue (1)
15. 007 Coral (1)
16. Mint Green (1)
17. Inca Gold (1)

Quickdraw said:
LadyDev,

1FAHP60AX4Y106334
Sold Date: 1/25/2005[/QUOTE

It sat at the dealer for over a year? Did you mean at the dealer 12/23/2004?

LadyDev said:
Quickdraw said:
LadyDev,

1FAHP60AX4Y106334
Sold Date: 1/25/2005[/QUOTE

It sat at the dealer for over a year? Did you mean at the dealer 12/23/2004?

Nope, if it didn't get to the dealer until then that would mean it sat at the assembly plant for a year after it was built and that doesn't happen... they started making 2004 models in July 2003 and since they made 12,000+ cars for 2004, your VIN of 6334 would be built about half way through the model year. It checks....

How Many?

I have a 2003 premium, black with black ink interior. :)
Blkbrd03

Blkbrd03 said:
I have a 2003 premium, black with black ink interior. :)
Blkbrd03

You have one of 1,176 if its the black accent (wood shift knob) or one of 224 if its the standard black.

MYKE03 said:
My 2003 TBird is Gray, Gray, Premium, Select Shift, Black Accent. VIN#
1FAHP60A03Y106390.

Myke,
You've got one of 1,421... Sorry, I can't get your build date until Monday....

How many??

Hi :)

I wrote on the 25th, but must have done something wrong because I can't even find my posting. I admit I don't know that much about Posting, Quotes, etc. I went to the FAQ, but it always seems like they never answer the questions I would ask.

Anyway, I was wondering if you might be able to tell me how many of my cars were made. Here is the info.

Merlot body
Merlot hardtop
Premium
16 spoke aluminum alloy wheels
Black interior with the shiny gearshift and top of the steering wheel.
Sport Shift
Black soft top

I love it to death! We just took the hardtop off for the first time since we bought it, and it's so fun to ride with the top down. Total strangers come up to me in parking lots, gas stations, church, etc. and stike up a conversation stemming from the t-bird. They usually say how pretty it is much they love the color. I'm surprised that they only made it for a year, but pleased, too, because I'm sure it'll probably be a little bit more rare in the long run. I don't plan on ever selling it. My husband let me choose the car, since several years prior he got to choose the vehicle he wanted (Chevy Tahoe). We're keeping our 1989 Honda Accord LX since it still has low mileage, and we want to be able to keep the t-bird in the best shape as is possible for as long as possible. I still definitely enjoy driving it, and do so fairly often.

Anyway, hopefully I've done this correctly this time and that I've given you the correct info. to find out how many 2004 Merlot Premiums were made. I'd be thrilled to know.

Thanks so much. I look forward to hearing from you.
Regards,
Jillybird

Jillybird said:
Hi :)

I wrote on the 25th, but must have done something wrong because I can't even find my posting. I admit I don't know that much about Posting, Quotes, etc. I went to the FAQ, but it always seems like they never answer the questions I would ask.

~~

Thanks so much. I look forward to hearing from you.
Regards,
Jillybird

I answered you on the 25th <grin>
http://forums.thunderbirdforum.com/showpost~p~22998~postcount~19.htm

Congratulations on your Thunderbird and welcome to the site!!!

Although Merlot was the most popular color for 2004 yours is only one of 169. The SST trans was an option even for the Premium. You also have the interior Black Accent option.

Please don't wait a week after you ask something if you don't get an answer.... If I dont answer within 24 hours, (unless its a weekend) I've probably missed it and you should nag me....

If you click on your name "Jillybird" you should have the option to find all your past posts but Im not sure what non-paid subscribers get to see...

Please dont hesitate to ask any questions you might have - thats why we're here and many people learn from each question asked...

Last edited:
Hi, I just picked up my new '05 Premium Tbird today, it is Medium Steel Blue, with the Medium Steel Blue Hard top and Steel Blue Cloth top. Also, the partial medium blue appearance package. I seached dealers in 3 states to find this color combo. Actually it seems to be the only blue one left. It looks fantastic. and drives even better.

I also have the convertible soft boot, ss trans and supplemental parking lights (fog light??). The dealer even pointed out a small crack in the center grill which is hardly noticeable but they want to replace for me, no charge. They where very nice to deal with.

Anyhow, can you tell me any details on when my car was built and or how many where produced in this style and color??

My vin is 1FAHP60A25Y103977

Thank you.

T-Bird05 said:
Hi, I just picked up my new '05 Premium Tbird today, it is Medium Steel Blue, with the Medium Steel Blue Hard top and Steel Blue Cloth top. Also, the partial medium blue appearance package. I seached dealers in 3 states to find this color combo. Actually it seems to be the only blue one left. It looks fantastic. and drives even better.

I also have the convertible soft boot, ss trans and supplemental parking lights (fog light??). The dealer even pointed out a small crack in the center grill which is hardly noticeable but they want to replace for me, no charge. They where very nice to deal with.

Anyhow, can you tell me any details on when my car was built and or how many where produced in this style and color??

My vin is 1FAHP60A25Y103977

Thank you.

There were 759 made like yours but if you give me your wheel option we can narrow that down a bunch (7 spoke chrome or 16 spoke machined). I'll get your build date later today.

.....I think that's a great colour combination you have! I've never seen the colour in the flesh.....it suites the car so well in the pictures I've seen.....awesome!......Hopefully there will be one at T-Bird meet in Portland next week......

T-Bird05 said:
Hi Quickdraw, I have the 7 spoke chrome wheels. Thank you for the info and quick reply.

T-Bird05,

It takes a few days to update the dealer info so I don't show a sold date yet...

1FAHP60A25Y103977
Date Ordered: 10/8/2004
Date Built: 12/8/2004
At Dealer: 12/16/2004
Sold Date:

With the 7 spoke wheels yours is one of 561...

Harry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back