Find Out How Rare Your '02-'05 Thunderbird is... | Page 10 | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Find Out How Rare Your '02-'05 Thunderbird is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, Need help

Hello,
I am looking at a '03 dark gray premium, dark gray hard top, black interior w/ black accent, vin 1FAHP60A73Y113174. She has 20,100 miles on her and the dealer is asking $29,000. Is this a good deal and any comments would be welcome. Also she is in mint condition.
Thank you
spadoc101

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Hello,
I am looking at a '03 dark gray premium, dark gray hard top, black interior w/ black accent, vin 1FAHP60A73Y113174. She has 20,100 miles on her and the dealer is asking $29,000. Is this a good deal and any comments would be welcome. Also she is in mint condition.
Thank you
spadoc101

I think that's a high price for a 2003. You can get a 2005 for that much.
I went to: http://www.kbb.com/ and looked up a 2003 in Excellant condition and they have it at $22.200. Try this link:
http://www.kbb.com/KBB/UsedCars/Pri...170|03801|0|0|539818|true&Condition=Excellent
But then that one has 59k miles on it - Still think you can do better....
You may want to repost this under the "For sale" section. In fact you may find a Bird there

Last edited:
2003 T-Bird

I think that's a high price for a 2003. You can get a 2005 for that much.
I went to: http://www.kbb.com/ and looked up a 2003 in Excellant condition and they have it at $22.200. Try this link:
http://www.kbb.com/KBB/UsedCars/Pri...170|03801|0|0|539818|true&Condition=Excellent
But then that one has 59k miles on it - Still think you can do better....
You may want to repost this under the "For sale" section. In fact you may find a Bird there

You might try and look on EBay to get some price ideas. Just a thought.

New (to me) 2003

Hi, new to t-birds and to the board and would like to find out what i can about my car.
Torch Red
Hard top
red/black int.
rack and cover for hardtop
boot
parking lamps
chrome wheels
vin/1FAHP60A03Y106793

I have a couple of questions if you dont mind.
the car did NOT have the owners manuel with it, where would be a good place to order one?

Also without the manuel i have not removed the top. Is there a site or link that would have this info, wife want the top down NOW....lol

thanks so much for any info you can provide.

Mike

Mike (ok227):
Go to the home page here and you'll have access to electronic versions of each years manual.

The top is easy - I assume that you mean the hard top - If so:
* - Set up your hardtop cart first and have it near the rear of the car
* - Drop both side windows and leave the doors open
* - Behind each seat, where the hardtop meets the body, there is a lever on each side
* - Pull each lever half way out. You'll feel it stop
* - Now, drop both visors down to expose the header
* - In the glove box or trunk, there should be a Torx tool, you will need that to loosen the front from the header- If you don't have that, let me know and I'll look up the Craftsman equivilent
* - Now, loosen both screws on each side of the header. They loosen and the screws will not fall out so make sure they are all the way loosened.
* - Now, have a person on each side, reach inside and pull those two levers the rest of the way, out
* - You both should now be able to lift the front from the header and the rear from the body - Usually one hand centered where the window sits and the other under the sides of the hardtop itself.
* - Lift straight up, and now walk towards the rear of the car and place into the cart
NOTE:Although only 85 pounds, it is awkward lifting and walking. So make sure you have a strong partner - My wife is 5'2" and did it once but almost lost it. Call a macho neighbor🙂
I have done this from memory, so if any reader wants to modify or add to my remarks please do so.
P.S. Some of the things I mentioned are not necessay to take it off, but they are to put it back on, so I included them, since you will some day put it back on.
Let us know how you make out.

I like this for forum you guys are fast and very helpful.....thanks to all

Mike:
Does that mean you got the top off okay??😎

Thaks for the info. Is there any total production info. by year 2002-2005. I have alsways wondered how many of the new "birds" were produced but never could find anyone who knows.
Thanks.

Thaks for the info. Is there any total production info. by year 2002-2005. I have alsways wondered how many of the new "birds" were produced but never could find anyone who knows.
Thanks.

Year # Made
2002.... 31368
2003.... 14678
2004.... 12757
2005...... 9295
Total for the four years 68,098

Excellent- Thanks for the production info. Thats not many for such a great car. In the past, I have owned a 911 Cabriolet, and a Cadillac Allante and find the t-bird is the most enjoyable all around. Especially as I get a little older.

How rare is my TBIRD

TO: MR. QUICKDRAW

Premium with hardtop
Blue Body and Blue Hardtop
Black Accent Interior
Has boot and parking lamps and traction control.
Purchased December 30, 2001. Delivered to dealer about end of November, 2001.

Thanks, MBL.

TO: MR. QUICKDRAW

Premium with hardtop
Blue Body and Blue Hardtop
Black Accent Interior
Has boot and parking lamps and traction control.
Purchased December 30, 2001. Delivered to dealer about end of November, 2001.

Thanks, MBL.

MBL
1FAHP60A72Y104022
Order Date: 1/9/2001
Date Built: 11/6/2001
At Dealer: 11/19/2001
Sold Date: 12/28/2001 Sold by Yost Farm Supply Ford-Mercury, Saint Francis, KS
There were between 4,708 and 4,818 2002 Thunderbirds built before yours....

Your premium 2002 Thunderbird Blue, TB blue, hardtop, black accent interior, 7 spoke chrome wheels is exactly like mine and is one of 842.

My 04

Don't mind me if I don't get it all right,just bought it 1 1/2 wks ago.Having a good time in S.Fl. with it.

Deluxe (no hardtop)
merlot
Tan Conv.Top
Tan Interior (saddle)
7 spoke crome wheels
Trans. SST +-

Don't mind me if I don't get it all right,just bought it 1 1/2 wks ago.Having a good time in S.Fl. with it.

Deluxe (no hardtop)
merlot
Tan Conv.Top
Tan Interior (saddle)
7 spoke crome wheels
Trans. SST +-

Ed,
Congratulations!!
If you have the chrome wheels you have the more expensive Premium (not Deluxe) model. Yours is one of 59 built like that. Give me the last five digits of your VIN and I can tell you more about your car.

Quickdraw, can you tell me about my new baby?

2004 Premium
Body Color Merlot
Hardtop color Merlot
Softtop color black
Interior color package Black Accent Package
SST Trans
Wheels 16 spoke

Thanks so much, what cool info to have access to!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back