Extended Warrantee - Good Idea??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by WJR1007:
I was quoted about $2600.00 for 7yr/100,000 mile bumper-to-bumper. Is this what others have been told or should I shop around to a couple different Ford dealers? This bird will never see 100,000 miles while I'm alive, but I do want the longest comprehensive "time" coverage that Ford offers.

FYI... Extended Warranty's are negotiable.

Tbird

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I have bought my Bird from a dealer 150 miles away. There is a Ford dealer close (25 miles) that will service the car. If I buy an extended warrenty, doesn't it make sense to buy it from the servicing dealer?

Bum's Rush,

I don't think I have you listed in the database, please see my post "Database Info for the New Birds - post here", thanks.

Edit

Never mind, should have looked farther down the list.

-

Bum's Rush asks "I have bought my Bird from a dealer 150 miles away. There is a Ford dealer close (25 miles) that will service the car. If I buy an extended warrenty, doesn't it make sense to buy it from the servicing dealer?"

Absolutely - go to the service manager and introduce yourself. Ask if he/she can sign you up for Ford ESP at a good price and tell them that you would like them to be your servicing dealer. Many can sign you up in the service department - if not ask them to introduce you to a finance manager who can get it for you. $100 or so over cost is fair.

That service manager will appreciate your business and will be more likely to lend you a loaner if they have to keep your vehicle overnight, use extreme caution while in charge of your baby, request Ford assistance if there is an issue outside of the warranty program, etc. Ford Plans only!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back