Exhaust system modifications for my '03

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
No. But I will take some soon because I plan on doing some work to the rear suspension. I want to stiffen the ride a little bit and lift the rear about an inch.

Options
-Find a time machine and keep the factory exhaust.
-Find a car at a junkyard and get the factory exhaust there.
-Sell your car and buy another one.
I have the complete OEM cat back system from an extremely pampered 2004 w/24k miles. Located in Columbus MS. Make me an offer that I can't refuse.

Does anyone know what company make an exhaust system to the oem specks? (sound) ? I installed the Borla exhaust and it,s to loud for my taste. Is there any way to quiet the Borla down ? My mistake was letting the dealer destroy my original system.

Did you ever get an original exhaust system to replace the Borla? Thats an easy problem to solve.... They are offered for sale by people who installed Borlas or another system and want to get rid of their old system rather than store it. It may even be easier to find someoene who will trade your Borla for their system. BTW, the 2002 system differs from the 2003-2005 system so watch what year you trade with.

Does anyone know what company make an exhaust system to the oem specks? (sound) ? I installed the Borla exhaust and it,s to loud for my taste. Is there any way to quiet the Borla down ? My mistake was letting the dealer destroy my original system.
Wish I was closer. I would trade you my stock exhaust with 39k miles for that Borla exhaust in a heartbeat!

If back pressure is the game you're playing, you're wasting money and time if you don't change to high-flow cats.
Borlas sound good, have them on my car, but high-flow cats make more difference.
Any good muffler shop will know what to do.
ETA: Left high-flow cats on my car for dyno tuning. Wide-band O2 sensors alone would be okay too.
Good afternoon. Thank you for your comments on the Borla exhaust system and especially the "high flow" cat-converters...I hadn't considered them, but it certainly makes sense to pair them with the Borlas if one wants to improve flow throughout the intake/exhaust system. I added the Cold Air Intake to my '05 black and tan last year and like hearing the air being sucked into the 3.9! The Borla system is next. If I may, what brand cat did you use and what has your experience been? These are not "muscle cars" but the variable timing engine certainly has the potential to develop more HP through better breathing. I love this car...and I'm grateful that the guy I bought it from drove it so little!

Virginia (for now...) allows straight pipes. Bad, bad, bad sound but you won't have an "intimate" conversation until you are cruising. Just my two cents.
I have Borla on my 03 and it shows great almost like your at the racetrack

Back