EGR valve problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

yrbamje

Last seen
Well, we finally had another problem with my wife's 05. This time the check engine light came on and she took it to the Lincoln dealer. They put it on the machine and it indicated a leak in the EGR valve.
They fixed it and it only cost $100.00 dollars. If no insurance, the tech said it would have been over $550. So buy insurance as long as you can. Now the particulars.
76672 miles.
1 CX-2059 Valve
1 3R3Z-9F972-AA SENSOR
LABOR 3 HOURS.
Just so there is anyone with a similar problem, I'd like to know how common this is.
Jim Mabry

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Hmmmm, my check engine light just came on while driving home tonight, and when I accelerated (especially from 30 to 40 mph) it was very uneven. Is that what your wife experienced?

My 2005 T-Bird has 78K miles on it, so we are very close in mileage.

I will have to take it to the local Lincoln dealership tomorrow (Saturday, I wonder if their repair shop is open?).

I did buy the extended service plan (the second one I have purchased from Lou M.), so hopefully it will cover me.

Is it true that a coil plug problem also causes the check engine light to come on? If so, that could be my problem, whereby that would be covered without the ESP (as long as you are below 100K miles).

Hmmmm, my check engine light just came on while driving home tonight, and when I accelerated (especially from 30 to 40 mph) it was very uneven. Is that what your wife experienced?

My 2005 T-Bird has 78K miles on it, so we are very close in mileage.

I will have to take it to the local Lincoln dealership tomorrow (Saturday, I wonder if their repair shop is open?).

I did buy the extended service plan (the second one I have purchased from Lou M.), so hopefully it will cover me.

Is it true that a coil plug problem also causes the check engine light to come on? If so, that could be my problem, whereby that would be covered without the ESP (as long as you are below 100K miles).

yes and yes. How did you make out? New COPS???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back