Dust Cover

Status
Not open for further replies.
C
I would like to cover my triple blue (when she finally get here
rolleyes.gif
built 3/8) with a dust cover while in the garage. Has anyone found one made specially for the 02 bird?

------------------
Charlie
Blue/Blue Premium w/full accent
Built but not delivered
VIN 12778

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Charlie,
I bought mine from California Car Cover and it is made of a new material that is very light but stops dust, rain, etc. I wanted one that I could take with me so it would not take up a lot of space. It fits very good. They have the pattern in many differnt materials. I am happy with it.
Bob

Try here. From Ford made for the 2002 bird http://www.fordvehicles.com/cars/thunderbird/accessories/
This one is $110, there is another one in the Ford Collection Catolog. "Hi Tech" for $150 with the Ford and Thunderbird logos I believe you can order either from you dealer. Just a note a cover that is not custom fitted can scratch the car due to wind and a loose fit. So don't go for the 1 size fits all kind.

-

-

Speaking of Dust covers, I am looking for a cover to just go over my windshield and soft top to keep the bird dropping off the cavas without going to the trouble of covering the whole car. My brother has one on his 1960 Corvette, he bought it at a Corvette Show. It has straps that hook under the windshield wipers and also on the door handles, it is made of vinel like his top. I don't need something that heavy as long as the dropping don't seep thru. I have looked all over the WEB and have not found one. I saw it for SUV's and a Z3 BMW

I have both covers.. The one from Ford & The one from California Car Cover.. I used the Ford cover for ~ 4 weeks and noticed small scratches.. I purchased a cover from Cal. car cover.. It has a flannel liner.. and it's custom made for the 02 Bird. No more scratches....

Thanks for all the help. So many great choices....

------------------
Charlie
Blue/Blue Premium w/full accent
Built but not delivered
VIN 12778

I'll add my 2cents on the Big Sky covers. I love 'em. Use them on my '67 Bird, Bullit and '02 Bird - nice & soft, keep the cars clean without any scratching.

I have looked at both California Car Cover and bigsky and see so many choices. Which ones are you guys using? with the California Car Cover, I am looking at ether the Plushweave or the Dustop. i have e-mailed them to see which stores in a smaller area. (for traveling).

------------------
Blue/Blue Prem. w/full accent
In my Garage as of 1/25 #6333 LIC: BLU TB

I purchased a NOAH material cover from BigSky. I wanted something for the inside and outside storage, I think the NOAH works well in both areas.
15AGAIN

------------------
Bill's Red and White #4359

thanks, i have ordered the Plushweave from Cal covers. The said the Dustop was not good outdoors. Hope it gets here before next week, and after a few uses i'll let you know how it fits and feels (on the car). john

------------------
Blue/Blue Prem. w/full accent
In my Garage as of 1/25 #6333 LIC: BLU TB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back