Dashboard | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Dashboard

• Thread starter Thread starter Ticket Ted
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T
I went to clean my windows the other day and used windex. Some of the windex overspray got on the dashboard. It left streaks where I wiped it off. My son was cleaning the car and had put Armorall on the dash to make it look nice. The Armorall came off with the windex. Well here I am with a streaky dash. I know I have to clean all the Armorall off but what should I put on the dash as a coating or do I just leave it unprotected?

Ticket Ted

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Stop ArmourAll

Ted:
I would suggest not using that ArmourAll. I have found MeGuires Leather and Vinyl cleaner and protectant to be very good. It does a good job as long as you apply it evenly. It also has UV protection which decreases the outgassing of the dash and therefore less hazing of the interior of the windshield.
Always try to clean the windows first and end up doing the dash last. However in both applications it is best to spray your cloths and not the surface to eliminate over spraying on the other surface. And, do it on a cool surface, preferably before moving the car out into the sun/heat. 😎

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back