Curious question on 2002 Visors | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Curious question on 2002 Visors

• Thread starter Thread starter VolleyballJIM
  • Start date Start date
VolleyballJIM

VolleyballJIM

Reaction score
Thunderbird Year
Knowing the breadth of knowledge here, I am SURE someone knows the answer, but: What is the need for the flap of leather on the opposite side of the mirror on the sun visors in the Thunderbird. I have a 2002 and just cannot imagine that is needed to enclose a non-lighted mirror....Inquiring minds . . . .

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I am not quite sure I understand but I have an 05 Bird and I do have a lighted mirror on the passenger side. I purchased TBird Decals to cover the ugly seatbelt hazard signs.

I was just staring at mine the other day. What came to mind were two things - 1) -Retro - it was where you put your paper map (I know - huh?) and 2) sunglasses - although I doubt I could fit mine in there.

I am not quite sure I understand but I have an 05 Bird and I do have a lighted mirror on the passenger side. I purchased TBird Decals to cover the ugly seatbelt hazard signs.
I did the same, those logo decals look way better than the hazard stickers!

I think they put the covers on the vanity mirrors to keep from street debris from flying up and breaking the mirrors giving us 7 years of bad T-Bird luck or 14 years if both are broken. Also how else can they charge premium prices with out those premium touches.

To clarify, the visors have a mirror on one side (2002) and, rather than a blank side on the "other" side, it contains a piece of leather sewn in (as if it was covering something). I cannot surmise a reason for this and thus the post. . .

To clarify, the visors have a mirror on one side (2002) and, rather than a blank side on the "other" side, it contains a piece of leather sewn in (as if it was covering something). I cannot surmise a reason for this and thus the post. . .

Hmm I don’t think my 2002 has a piece of leather sewn in.. mine is an all black interior without the red inserts on the seats.. I am not sure if mine was a premium or not.. Tgat could of been a premium option..

Attachments

• BA5BA92E-93B2-4A5D-90B9-6159CB35D3F8.jpeg
    BA5BA92E-93B2-4A5D-90B9-6159CB35D3F8.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 5
  • DDD39EDB-B969-461F-B0C2-ECFAF9AC52F4.jpeg
    DDD39EDB-B969-461F-B0C2-ECFAF9AC52F4.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 5
  • 4F08C702-A483-4952-9B98-90EBC0235E6F.jpeg
    4F08C702-A483-4952-9B98-90EBC0235E6F.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 5
I was just at a car meet this morning with two other Retro's.. Both of them were premium's with the color coded seat inserts and steering wheel & shift knob keyed exterior colors.. Mine may not be a premium as mine is an all black interior with no red seat inserts, steering wheel, and red shift knobs.. One was a red 2002 like mine and the other was a 2004 merlot.. Make a long story short, none had a leather attachment on the visor.. They all looked like the photos I have above.. Yours may have been a custom add on tweak... Were you the original owner?

My 2005 Cashmere has those ugly hazard warning labels as well. I am interested in knowing what T Bird decals you guys place over them? I have a Volvo and the seat belt warning is painted on the visors.

My 2005 Cashmere has those ugly hazard warning labels as well. I am interested in knowing what T Bird decals you guys place over them? I have a Volvo and the seat belt warning is painted on the visors.
I'd like to know where you get the stickers too.

I have a 2002 Neiman Marcus Edition and there are no leather inserts sewn in, just the warning labels. If you don't have the warning labels, it sounds to me like someone tried to tear them off, wrecked the vinyl, and patched up the damage.

I have a 2005 50th anniversary cashmere it has mirrors on both sides as in photo, I remove the stickers put them in storage and cleaned the spot , looks great .

Hey Georgia Cat, where did you get your TBird decals from? Sounds like a good idea for the mirrors

Back