Cost of Addional Hardtop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometime ago, maybe on BON, the price of a second hardtop was discussed. Does anybody remember how much?

I might be interested in a black hardtop for my white car after seeing the black ragtop for the first time yesterday.

Mark

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Mark501

you should find some one ordering car with out,work out adeal with them, you will get a top that is fully assembled & painted way cheaper. If you where to order it, most likely to be in parts & not painted.

Triple black #2 of 2 Vin Less

You can order a new top at a cost of about $5,000.00. This was quoted to me about two weeks ago and comes painted in any thunderbird color. My salesman also thought ordering a top for a car someone didn't order a top for might be the way to go. This option is hard to do in snow country. I was checking on ordering a white top for a black thunderbird with black top.

Are you sure that the tops will fit even if the car is ordered without it. I know for a fact that when Ford did the 95 cobra with the hard top option that the top would not interchange with the standard cobra convertible. That header at the windsheild was different and the harness to plug the top into for the rear defroster and the doom light were not there on the standard convertible. Maybe Ford got smart on the T-bird. I would have though all the cobras would be the same since they only made 1006.

they are totally different cars. Look in your header and see if there are 2 holes in it near the corners. There should be 2 screws in it, or at least a place for them to go.... these hold the hardtop to the header. At the rear there should be a place for a latching mechanism to be bolted to your car. This would be just behind the doorjam. The mechanism may already be there. Look at a car with the hardtop and you should be able to determine if I am right. There is no wire to connect for the hardtop rear window -- -it automatically connects when you latch the hardtop.

Sometime ago, maybe on BON, the price of a second hardtop was discussed. Does anybody remember how much?

I might be interested in a black hardtop for my white car after seeing the black ragtop for the first time yesterday.

Mark

Mark

Mark

I have a torch red and always thought it would look great with a white top like the photo on the forum banner above or a black top to match the rag top and interior i have like you mentions. I have seen them on e-bay for around $800 - $1200... I'm not sure which color I would go with and most tops I have seen were a distance more than 500 miles away.. So at this point I'm not a real motivated buyer.. :) So my red top will have to do.. Some have mentioned to repaint the top I have.. I have also thought about that, but I was worried about eventually peeling paint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back