Convertible Top Protection

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jt2233

Au Revoir
Last seen
Does anyone have information on maintaining the convertible top. I recall a posting about a liquid product on the BON site, but cannot find it. Any information would be appreciated.

Still waiting for my Black premiun.

Happy New Year to all.

I called 800# yesterday, (1/1) and it said my car was "at the ramp". Talked to dealer this morning and his computor still doesn't show it being their. He said 800# was probably updated automatically? Still waiting . Mira Loma Ca., is distribution point, dealer is Fairview fFord, San Bernardino.

You might be referring to 303 Products. I have tried their cloth top protectant. I put it on about 4 weeks ago and it has been thru numerous washings and several rains and still bead nicely.

Word of caution. It is in a spray bottle and is impossible to spray on the top without the overspray getting on adjoining areas of the car. I highly suggest masking off all areas around the top before spraying. I did not do this and had to go over all those areas with mineral spirits to remove the overspray, this caused no damage and I had not yet waxed the car, I think the mineral spirits would have removed any wax.

Thanks jodrod,

I'll remember your word of caution.

Talking about the top, does anyone know anything about a protective clear cover for where the hard top meets with the body. I remember something about this , maybe back on the Bond site. Just wondered if there is any update on this and if so where we can get it.

------------------
Blue on Blue Prem. STILL WAITING Ordered in Jan. 7of12 NOW 4of12
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond
Got Vin. 109293 Build Date 01/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back