1. Please sign in or join the Thunderbird club free to access the search page and many other free site features.
    If you forgot your password click here.

Click the "X" to the right to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice

Consumer Reports October 1955 Chevrolet Corvette vs. Ford Thunderbird

Discussion in '1955 - 1966 Classic Ford Thunderbird' started by tbird, Dec 30, 2017.

1. tbird

tbird Forum Moderator Staff Member

I was able to obtain a copy of the October 1955 Consumer reports magazine from eBAY that featured a review on the Chevrolet Corvette vs. the Ford Thunderbird. Very interesting, nobody at the time of this writing knew these two cars would end up being iconic! You can download a printable PDF file here or at the bottom of the page in attachments. Let us know your thoughts!

ConsumerReports1955-Cover.jpg ConsumerReports1955-page455.jpg ConsumerReports1955-page456.jpg ConsumerReports1955-page457.jpg ConsumerReports1955-page458.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2017
    CSPIDY likes this.
  2. Excellent reading, thank You

tbird likes this.
  3. Thanks for the interesting read. Had Chevy used the then new ball joint suspension on the 55 corvette, I'd bet the ride and handling would have been way better. Still, after 60+ odd years, the T-bird still gets my vote.

tbird likes this.
  4. CSPIDY

CSPIDY Active Member Lifetime Donor

Great article, the two cars were closer in performance and handling than I would have believed.

tbird likes this.
  5. Jack D

Jack D Member VIP Donor

Thanks for sharing. While a few negatives were noted, the enjoyment I get from my 55 Bird overcomes them - Thanks

tbird likes this.
  6. tbird

tbird Forum Moderator Staff Member

What negatives stood out to you and do you agree with them?

Help us by sharing/liking this page!

Shop Amazon.comPlease shop Amazon.com using this link to support the forum!