Considering a retro bird- Florida Question

SFO
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
none
Hello:

I am considering a retro bird, and have a couple of questions.

Besides the usual stuff which can be found by searching on this board, are there any issues particular to living in SW Florida heat that I should be aware of? I read a little about the overheating issues.

Also, what is a great place to take the Bird if and when it needs some service?

I live in the Cape Coral / Fort Myers area.

Thanks,
Scott

I talked to one Florida owner who claims they keep the hard top on most of the time because of the heat. This is too bad since one of the joys in my life is riding in this convertible. I have only used my local Ford dealer. No regrets, but if you have a good trustworthy mechanic. use him.

Hello:

Besides the usual stuff which can be found by searching on this board, are there any issues particular to living in SW Florida heat that I should be aware of? I read a little about the overheating issues.

Thanks,
Scott

Hello:

Thanks,
Scott

Hey Scott, I just read your post and see you live in the Cape. I just purchased a 2003 Tbird and am looking for other owners in the area. Email me if you get this message and we'll talk. cruzer1942@*******

I live in Sarasota. In the summer, you want to keep the top on. Not because of the heat. See that little gray cloud over there? Every day at 4:00 pm.

Hi Scott don't worry about getting parts if you have a good mechanic that's the hard part. In Florida they call the hard top the summer top it gets to hot and it does rain. My hard top is off in the winter. As far as retro birds I can't say enough about how glad I am to have one. I've had a lot of cars over the years and my Tbird is my favorite. I live up the road in Bradenton. Good luck and enjoy it when you get yours. Roger

Hi Scott don't worry about getting parts if you have a good mechanic that's the hard part. In Florida they call the hard top the summer top it gets to hot and it does rain. My hard top is off in the winter. As far as retro birds I can't say enough about how glad I am to have one. I've had a lot of cars over the years and my Tbird is my favorite. I live up the road in Bradenton. Good luck and enjoy it when you get yours. Roger
Bradenton, you're getting close to my neck of the woods. Have you ever visited Thunder Road?

Back