Clear film for under top | Page 2 | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Clear film for under top

• Thread starter Thread starter leisha
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
RTBRD

I'm currently at my office. I did bring the paper work in from my car and checked the vin
it is 1FAHP60A32Y113896. The build sequence number was given to my wife and I when we toured Wixom on 3/21/02 to watch our Bird being built. That number is 4746. Dave, our tour guide, mailed to us a number of stickers used during the assembly of our car. Those stickers are home and I am sure the build sequence sticker is one of them. I'll double check tonight but I'm sure the 4746 is correct.

Thanks

Mike

------------------

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I like the others would like the chrome strip. I'm sure the thickness of this strip could be thin enough where it would not interfere with the seal/fit of the top. I would be curious to know how thick the strip is that is being installed on the 03's. I am also sure that when a part number comes available for this strip that many of us will be retrofitting it to our cars, that is if Ford does not make this solution available to us 02 owners.

------------------
Courage - and shuffle the cards

biggrin.gif
TbirdMarty, I'm sure the chrome strip is only 1/16 to 3/32 thick so don't see any problem with the seal. As far as buying it I would say Ford should provide it for us at no cost because this is a defect in the 02's and they should take care of it. Just my opinion but I think a lot of other people feel the same way.

I guess this has become a pet peeve with me but the Bird is all but perfect except for this.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
Live Long and Prosper!

-

I agree that Ford should provide aproper fix for this problem. It goes back to the original small birds. I had the same issue with my '56.
Possibly a poll with votes from our membership, and then this poll emailed out to Ford, as opposed to individuals sending in notes to Ford.

George, check out polls on the beginning of the board. We already have one going. so Vote.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
Live Long and Prosper!

-

I contacted customer rep in Canada to ask why US cars had the film in the trunk and it seems like the Canadian cars don't, especially since Canadian cars should have the top on for longer periods than the Southern US ones.
The answer seems to be that the film is a temporary 'fix'. Ford of Canada will not commit but have stated that they are concered about the problem and are investigating a permenant fix. I asked about the Stainless / chrome strip. He could not say if this would be the fix, he did say that all 2500 Canadian car owners would be notified. The ones which were shipped to the US may stay in limbo though!

leisha: My dealer has a blue/ blue tbird coming in today or tomorrow available at MSRP. Hamilton is only 3 & a half hours from you email me if you are interested.

Triple black 3 of 5 ....7854

Whom should I ask at the dealership to file the EDSR, all of the sales people I mentioned it to didnt now what an EDSR was. In otherwords, who (at what position) would know what it is and how to file it?

I took delivery of my car on 12/20/01 and my dealer and I installed the hard top at that time.The vehicle was driven 328 miles and the top was removed in April.After the top came off the area under the top was found scratched and scufed.My dealer was made aware of the problem and he sent an electronic message to FMC.He also told me to call customer svc.and register a complaint.
FMC needs to come up with a permenent solution now!!!

Please have your dealer's service manager file a EDSR and call customer service to register your request for a "permanent" fix. Upon showing my dealer's service manager the paint scuffing today, he offered the film part and a buff job to repair the marked up paint. Called the customer service 800 # as well. I requested a fix at Ford's expense "like a retrofit of the part being installed on the 2003's". Ford will probably only spend this kind of money if there are significant complaints from the customer base.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back