Clear film for under top

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have checked car sequence #15535, Vin 15422 delivered in Canada and there was no film in the trunk in the cardboard roll, as previously reported in another thread.
Lets keep track to find out at what point Ford started addressing the problem.

Still waiting for my Blue Blue full.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

mad.gif
Ford is not addressing this problem the way they should. This film thing is a quick fix only. They need to call back ALL 02's to have the chrome strip installed as per the fix on the 03's. We, all 25,000 of us, should not be satisfied till they do it this way.
rolleyes.gif

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
Live Long and Prosper!

Can we start a campain of emails or letters to someone at Ford? I also feel the chrome strip should be retro fitted by the dealer under a recall program. Anyone got the proper email address or regular mail address to the right person at Ford? Seems someone started this thread sometime ago, now it's getting warm out the rest of us are starting to take the tops off and better understand what you guys were talking about .

rolleyes.gif
02birdman, Yes I started this a while back. If this is the only problem Ford has with the 02's I would think they could take care of it. We were told that the Ford engineers were working on this but if this is their solution then I an not biting. This is a quick fix and that is all. Hope someone can provide an address or something we can sent to Ford on this problem. I think we need the chrome strip that is being put on the 03's to take care of the problem. And at their expense. No ours.
eek.gif

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
Live Long and Prosper!

Please list the vin of the first car we find who recieved the film in the trunk with the car. This way we know when Ford started addressing the problem.
My service guy told me he looked for it in the 15535 sequence car and did not find it.
Did any other cars with a sequence # earlier have it?
My service guy told me some Ford Pick up trucks come with a similar film to install around the back of the wheel wells.
We Canadians say 'Duck tape forever' perhalps Ford says 3M forever, probably Ford has shares in 3M!
The way it looks my 2002 will have a 24999 sequence #!!! My dealer tells me different stories each time I see him. Mine was supposed to be next delivered, the same car as I ordered arrived yesterday , sequence # above. He now tells me the next will be a Black then my Blue Bird!

I picked up my car last Friday, and found
the quick fix kit in the trunk.
VIN--114987. I think someone else mentioned
finding the kit in their trunk also. We
are not using the kit. Will wait till they
come out with a permanent fix.

------------------
Lucille
-----------
'87 TurboCoupe
'02 Blue#114987
'96 Bronco
'98 Windstar Van
'95 Miata M Edition
'95 Miata Red/Tan

I checked my trunk and found the plastic strip there--#1133700--white,red/black full package interior--I restore 55-57 birds as a hobby and have used a similar piece many times to keep the top insulation from indenting the painton rear deck. It is somewhat affective,but definatly not a solution.

Ford cannot do a Recall of this matter as recalls are for Safety Related concerns. But they can do a Owner Notification Program. If each and everyone of us has a dealer file an EDSR (Electronic Dealer Service Report)on our VIN and have the dealer include in the report that the only acceptable fix would be the 03 stainless steel or chrome plate we would then have 25,000 reports laying on the desks of the people who can do something about it. Be sure to ask the dealer to give you a copy of the report so you can be sure it went thru the way you asked it to be sent.

------------------
Yellow/Yellow Prem. 02 Bird w/full accent
1999 F150 Super Cab 4x4 Off Road
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

I think Ford and their dealers should offer to make this right for us. I, like many others, paid over MSRP for this car just to make sure that I got one. I don't regret my purchase, but it irks me that Ford created this atmosphere and then allowed it to go anywhere it could. The least they could do is fix the irritations for us at no charge. After all, it is their car and their reputation.

Would a chrome strip that is supposely being put on the '03 solve the problem(?) for the '02? Would the current hardtop for the '02 fit this strip? It seems to me that if you put a strip on the '02, that it would raise the hardtop and the two clamps at the back would not be securely locked. Just some thoughts, no aurgement.

My Blue on Blue Premium had the same tape for the deck in the trunk.

Vin 1FAHP60A32Y113896
Build Sequence 4746
Final assembly approx. 7:30 am on 3/22/02
Rec. & picked up at the dealer on 3/26/02

Like the majority of others, I do not plan to use this product to take care of the rub problem on the rear deck from the hard top.

I will support any effort to have the chrome trim piece installed in a "timely manor" for all of the 2002 Birds at no cost to the owner.

Mike

------------------

whiskeyman,

Please check your rotation number again, I have it as 4030, which means your's was the 13990th built. Rotation number 4746 goes with vin 115155.

RTBRD

Please check your response to me on 4/1/02 under chrome strip for hard top topic.

At that time I posted my vin 13896 and build sequence no. 4746.

Your response was: That rotation makes you the 14706th. built.

Mike

------------------

Mike,

That sequence # came from the number you supplied me. When I was checking rotation #s today I saw that your's is listed as 4030 in a seperate list that I have. Did the number you gave me come from the vin sticker on your car? If so, that means my other list is incorrect.

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back