Clean Windows | Page 2 | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Clean Windows

• Thread starter Thread starter Brooklyn
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I drive with the top down almost every day but I always put it up when I bring it back to the garage. I haven't noticed the cloudiness coming back - just unfortunate bugs now and then. Maybe the air quality there is worse than ours.
Originally posted by jboriott:
How long did it stay clear/clean?

I can get the glass clear. The problem is that the cloudiness comes back after a day or two.

And do you drive with your top down (a lot)?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Alcohol and water work as well or better than the vinegar. It has been used throughout the high tech industry in electronics clean up as well as on Stainless Steel panels,which show up every finger mark

fdthird:
I use 50/50% but I have been just as happy with 30/70%. I use it stronger and it does a better job.
Also I always clean facing sunlight so I get the streaks the first cleaning and don't have to go back.

Streaking windows has been a problem with every car we own (house windows too). Mike got Mother's glass cleaner and used it on my new bird on Saturday. Today (Thursday) still nice and clear. What a pleasure.

The filmy stuff on the inside of the windows is condensed vaporized tanning oils and conditioners from the leather seats. Perminant problem but any of the cleaners from windex down to a clean,damp chamois should take it off

Your local auto parts store (AutoZone, etc.) should carry a product called Invisible Glass. It is great at cleaning up the oils and dirt on the glass and leaving no streaks. Do both inside and outside and their claim is about right - the glass is invisible. I use the Rags in a Box to apply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back